Friday, February 15, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Mixed Bag...

Hi, all!

Wow!  Friday sure came on in a rush this week, didn't it?  But now that it's here, we all know what time it is - time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Isn't that beautiful?  It's a quilt kit from Hancock Fabrics (that I don't own and don't have time to make) but I did think it was an appropriate start to today's post, the day after Valentine's Day.  It certainly made me whoop when I saw it in my email first thing that day!  Now I'm wondering if you can make it out of scraps...


And speaking of Valentine's Day, my husband knocked it out of the park with LOTS of chocolate and these beautiful roses!  He's definitely a keeper...


And see that red oval on the pic above?  Look inside that oval.  Do you see it?  Yes, that's actually SUNSHINE - something that's been in small supply around here lately.  I finished three quilts (two of them on Tuesday morning) just to take advantage of the predicted sunshine to take pictures for the blog.  So I'm a little bit ahead of the game on quilt finishing! But I can't show them off just yet...

And I've had happy mail this week!  First to come were these great stickers from Sticker Mule...


They were running a good sale and I wanted to see what their stickers were like, so I ordered these.  I am AMAZED at how great these are - they are vinyl, like you might put on your car window, and so well made!  I'll have these at QuiltCon if any of you are there and want one!


And yesterday, just in time for Valentine's Day, this arrived!  I ordered it on a whim from fabric.com - they had a fabulous sale1  There are 50 fat quarters in this bundle, a mix of Kaffe, Tula Pink and Amy Butler - and it was less than $1 per fat quarter!  I couldn't pass that up! Now I just need to find time to make a great quilt...


And this doesn't look like much, but it's a hard-won layout for a t-shirt quilt, puzzle style, with too few t-shirts to do it easily!  I had to resort to graph paper so I could see what would actually fit where and how much I would need between each shirt.  But it was actually easier this way, so I may start doing all my puzzle quilt layouts this way!


And Wednesday night we had a great night at church, sewing and yakking and laughing and just generally having fun!  We had a roomful of ladies - I think about 14 - but I couldn't catch them all in one place.  Here's a couple of the pics I got, though, so you can see some of our great crew!


Oh, and one more thing (although I don't have a pic for it) the replies from potential H2H sponsors have started rolling in - they have no idea just how grateful I am for them!  It's going to be a great year!

So as I said, it was a mixed bag last week but I'll still ask - 

Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you, 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Wow - that LOVE quilt pattern really caught my eye too. Beautifully designed. I see you had a great Valentine's Day - especially the fabric ;)! Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband hit it out of the ballpark. I love that he chose an array of colors instead of the boring all red. Thank you for the linky party.
    ps. we had sunshine and 50 degrees yesterday, high of 23 and snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post. I'm a little jelly of your roses in all the colors! Score on the fat quarters!! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby is so sweet! Hope you had a great Valentine's day with him. The sun is trying to come thru down South, but having a hard time...today is just misty rain and hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for sun! That FQ bundle looks amazing...and the price...wow... Good luck with your t-shirt puzzle solving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend was doing the puzzle version of t shirt quilt when we were sewing together. I don't know how she did it but she cut the shirts and popped them on a design wall and then figured out where sashing fabric had to go... Amazing. I'm not sure I can figure out how you are going to piece this one! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the way I have always made my t-shirt quilts. I still haven't made one with all one size block. Your hubby is definitely a sweetie, love his choice of roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice out of the park VD gifts for you! You do such good work for others, you are obviously appreciated by your guy. Look forward to seeing you at Quilt Con! Got my pins. I am there everyday Wednesday afternoon through Saturday night. Early flight back Sunday the 24th. Oh, and what are the squares you are cutting?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the love quilt! What a steal on the fabric. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a great fabric set! I ran over there but while they are still having a sale, the price isn't that low. And sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!