Wednesday, February 20, 2019

I May Have a Scrap Problem... It's QuiltCon Week!

Hi, all!

Well, it's QuiltCon week, which means that I haven't had much time to dedicate to scrappy sewing!  I've got a few things I have to make headway on before I can play at QuiltCon this weekend, so most of my time has been spent on that.  However, I did do a little scrappy sewing that I'm saving for Friday's post - be sure to stop in and check it out!

In the meantime, since this is the week for inspiration of all sorts, here's some gorgeous eye candy I found on the internet this week!



Let's start out with P's gorgeous thrifted shirt project - isn't this amazing?  She says it's even prettier in person.  You can read more about it, and learn a little bit about P too, right here.


And check out all the gorgeous scrappy goodness of these two quilts!!  The cross quilt makes me want to go dig in my scraps right. this. minute...


I know it's a little late for Valentine's Day, but isn't this heart quilt adorable?  Maybe for next year...


We all know that "made fabric" is a great scrap buster, and this is a great way to use it!  I believe this is the Moda "Love" pattern, but the blocks are made of scrappy made fabric instead of plain 10" squares.  Wonderful!


Check out this unique alphabet - I really like the look of this one.  I've been tempted to try sewing words, ever since Kate Spain unveiled her words quilt several years ago.  This style of text looks very easy to create - I may just give it a whirl!



So take all this inspiration and sew something for me this week, won't you?   I promise more pics from QuiltCon to inspire you next week!  

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I love he look of the Carolfun53 large block.
    Nice inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! Love the chain quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ones made from shirts and the "made" fabric. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Trail Mix Quilt. It is on my to-do list since forever I think. Now that I see it again, I sooooo want to do this one. Thanks for the inspiration. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at QuiltCon. I've been trying to get there, but I finally found a friend who wants to go, so we are going next year in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at QuiltCon! It's on my bucket list, so maybe I'll get there one of these years. Thanks for sharing all the quilty inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning projects, hard ro pick only one favorite.Nice inspiration.
    Have fun at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning projects, hard ro pick only one favorite.Nice inspiration.
    Have fun at QuiltCon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's an honor to be among such inspirationally good company here today, Sarah! I love that big made-fabric star. Have a great time at QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time, and bring back lots of photos. I love the look of the quilt with letters. Do you know where to find that alphabet? It would be easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much eye candy! P’s plaid quilt top is particularly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see it again https://chinesebuffetnearmenow.net/
    I sooooo want to do this one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!