Monday, February 18, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - A Very Productive Week!

Hi, all!

I hope you all had a busy and productive week - or at least one that made you happy!  I read a friend's post where she said she had lost her mojo.  I'm sorry for her, and hope she gets it back soon - but I'm glad it isn't me!  I've got too much to do, and it's no fun to work in spite of a lack of mojo.  So say a quick prayer for my friend, that she gets her mojo back soon!

Last week was really productive for me, so let's see how I fared with the tasks I set out in my list...

1.  Quilt a black and white ministry quilt, and add a red flange to the binding.
Done!  I like the flange, although I'm not sure it's worth the extra time for every quilt.  But this was a good one to learn a new skill on - it really makes this quilt pop!


2.  Write a note of encouragement to go with one of the ministry quilts (special request).
Done!  This was a new experience for me, but it really brought into sharp focus some things about my own history.

3.  Layout a t-shirt quilt.
4.  Write an estimate for that quilt.
Done!  I started with this - a too-small puzzle quilt arrangement...


...and ended up as this, a very neat and tidy arrangement, all measured out to make it a little easier to pull this one together.  The estimate is written and approved, so I'm ready to start making blocks!


5.  Write tutorial #4 for the Rockin' Rectangles series.
Done!  This was such a fun quilt to make, and there's a bunch of alternate layouts in the tutorial.  You can see it here.


6.  Quilt the Rockin' Rectangle quilt #5.
Done!  And not only did I quilt #5.....


...but I quilted Rockin' Rectangle Quilt #6, too!


7.  Write tutorial #5 for the Rockin' Rectangles series.
Done!  Be sure to check back this coming Sunday for the "Small Town" tutorial!

8.  If the sun EVER shines again, take some quilt pics!
Done!  You can see the pics above that I took last Wednesday, taking advantage of the sunshine.  It's sunny today, too - but it's the first time since last Wednesday. Glad I got them when I could!

9.  Write up a handout about H2H for potential sponsors at QuiltCon.
Done!  I'm hoping I can line up some new sponsors for Hands2Help later on this week face to face!

10.  Answer some interview questions for a friend.
Done!  My friend Michelle (formerly The Desert Quilter) has started an on-line shop and accompanying blog, making jewelry.  She celebrates makers in many ways and has started a series of posts profiling them.  I had the honor of being her first guest!  You can read the post here...

11.  Starch and press a vintage top preparatory to starting repair work on it.
Started!  I found that it was easiest to press and starch a section, then do the simple repairs and mark places that will need more in-depth attention.  I did a section about two feet by three feet.  Hey, it's a start!

12.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away quite a few this week...


This quilt went to a baby who just had a heart transplant...


...and this one went to a woman just diagnosed with cancer.


This one also went to a woman with cancer...


...and this one went to a woman with ongoing health issues.


And finally, this quilt went to a woman diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and just starting treatments.

So that was last week, very successful with one thing finished that wasn't even on the list!  This week's list will be a little smaller (I think) because QuiltCon starts on Thursday and I will be hanging out there all weekend!  Here's what's on my plate this week...

1.  Deconstruct t-shirts and make blocks for the commission 
t-shirt quilt.

2.  Start assembling the t-shirt quilt.

3.  Prep a whoop-whoop Friday post ahead of time and schedule for posting.

4.  Mail a ministry quilt and a donation quilt.

5.  Deliver three rolls of batting to church (hooray for Joann's doorbuster sales!)

6.  Pull together my supply bag for each day of QuiltCon!
(can you tell I'm a little excited?)

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

A relatively short list this week because of QuiltCon - I don't want to feel guilty while I'm hanging out there!  I'm pretty sure I can get to all of this, and hopefully finish assembling the quilt top by end of day Wednesday. Then it can be quilted next week!  Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well.

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Great interview! Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me over the past few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful focus you have--great job on all the quilts! I like the new Rockin' Recs quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I loved all your quilt photos and reading the interview! I also treasure the Mother Theresa quote ... small things in love. It’s my inspiration for Jack’s Basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have had a busy week! Love all the donation quilts, especially the one with the flying geese. I hope you have a great time at Quiltcon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!