Friday, February 1, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Soup and Progress....

Hi, all!

In the throes of the cold weather this week, it didn't seem like Friday (and warmer weather) would ever get here - but it did!  It's finally Friday, and you know what that means - - - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on.  We've all had lots of time for sewing this week with the cold keeping us in, so I imagine everyone has lots to share!  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I actually did have a finish this week, but I can't share it yet, as it still has to be gifted.  Next week for that one!  But I did start on a pair of memory quilts, turning a bunch of house dresses into a stack of cut pieces...


...and then worked hard Thursday to sew them together into blocks and start on the sashing.  I think it's going to look nice when it's finished!


And I don't know about you, but cold weather makes me want to cook!  So when my husband requested some minestrone, I looked up Instant Pot recipes and put together a wonderful pot of warm, comfort-food goodness!


Sprinkled with parmesan shavings and a dollop of pesto, and paired with some crusty rolls and cheese, and we were eating fine!  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. do you have a favorite site for Instant pot recipes - I just got one recently and still new to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually made more progress. I finished quilting another string quilt for the ministry last night and I have put to baby quilt tops together for our quilt ministry. Now to get them quilted. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I can't brag a whole lot. I only did a little machine embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good bowl of soup when the weather turns cold. Your's looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt blocks make a great looking pile of possibilities! Now that soup looks delicious!!! I'm a big fan of a homemade pot of soup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you can sure get a whoop whoop. The colors of that memory quilt are so soft and pretty. And the soup! (I’ll be right over!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sew so fast. I love the colours of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about getting an Instant Pot. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dresses all go really well together! That will be such a sweet memory quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the way this memory quilt is coming together. Of course, there is purple there that I love!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great creation from old house dresses. Your description of that yummy soup meal makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!