Friday, May 20, 2016

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? New Duds For The Grands, and a Winner!

Hi, all!

Welcome to Friday!!!  It's been a long week, and a weird one here - after lovely warm spring weather, we went back to cool and rainy - bummer!  But it's starting to warm back up and hopefully we'll be past our little spurt of "blackberry winter"!  So - - - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  Let's go!

Looking ahead to warmer weather, I made a couple of outfits for my granddaughters from this adorable fabric...


Both girls are HUGE Shopkins fans - Lilli has had them for a while now, and Emmy got some of her very own for her birthday - she was hugely excited!  So when my daughter spotted this fabric at Joann's recently, she promptly texted her mama to make sure that the littles would have something handmade from it!



I don't know about you, but I think they like them!


Lilli is getting so big, and is very much her own person!


Of course, our little model had to pose appropriately to show off her outfit well!


And don't think that Nathanael was left out - he got a new Spiderman t-shirt in his favorite color, red!

So can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Hmmm, seems like I'm forgetting something.... oh yeah!  We need a winner for the Crafted Appliqué giveaway!!  


So I consulted Little Miss Random, and she chose....



Monica also hates zippers but she may have gotten past it by making a zipper-heavy bag, and she wanted to know if the next commenter was a traditional or modern quilter!  Congratulations, Monica - Lara will be mailing a signed copy of Crafted Appliqué directly to you!  Expect an email from me hooking you and Lara up so you can give her your mailing info....

And if you didn't win this copy or any of the others so far in the giveaway, here's a reminder that (a) this is a great book that you will want to own, and (b) if you buy a copy, and then win a later giveaway on the hop, Lara will refund your purchase price!  That's a win/win if I ever heard one!

Whoop whoop!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?



What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share - because we want to dance with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Your grandchildren look very happy with their new outfits, lovely pics. Congratulations to Monica, I already have Lara's book, I love it.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both girls look like they are very happy with Gramma's talents. They are all growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilli and Emmy, what super outfits, lovely fabric and great patterns, you are so lucky, and the book winner, congrats to you too, Monica, I'm waiting to see your first project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfits are great and the kids are lovely! Can imagine all the envy they'll get from other kids on the playground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop! Congrats to Monica.
    The grands look great in the new duds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what a shopkin is but they're cute and those outfits are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great in their new duds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilli and Emmy look adorable in their sweet little outfits... and very excited too! I think you hit a homerun with Nathanael and his Spiderman shirt too!

    Congratulations to Monica - I hope to hear from her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandkids look so cute in their outfits! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, I know all about Spiderman and all the other superheroes, but never heard of the Shopkins before today. Only boys in this house! Those outfits are adorable, Sarah -- almost as adorable as the big, bright smiles of the little girls modeling them! CONSIDER YOURSELF WHOOPED! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm totally confused now. I linked up my blog post first, then left a comment for you -- and when I went back to look for the Linky thumbnails so I could visit others and share the love, the whole Linky is GONE from your post. Am I imagining things, has my computer finally got the best of me, or what> Maybe instead of a whoop whoop, I need another cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Lilly's modeling pose. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to see your grandkids! Could you please delete the two black links? Don't know why the picture didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they look adorable! I love making children's clothes, they can wear such fun patterns and fabrics and they look over the moon with their new outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The kids look so cute in their news clothes. Sweet sewing!
    I'm still having computer commenting issues but hope to be able to share my H2H quilt finish soon. I'm headed north to help my sister move so will be late to the party but the quilt is all ready to go in the mail. Hope the weather warms for you and cools for me. Feel free to send rain here 😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure your grandson was thankful for spiderman!! But those outfits are adorable!!! so are the models.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!