Monday, May 9, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Put On Your Pearls, Girls!


Hi, all!

Happy Monday!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, full of fun and family.  I celebrated all weekend, spending Saturday with my daughter and her family and then traveling to Kentucky to watch my niece graduate from Berea College.  It was a great weekend, all around!

But now it's time to get back to the real world - so let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Photograph the quilts for the special project and prep them for delivery.
Done!  You can read all about it here, but just because it's pretty, here's a picture...


2.  Choose my goal for May's scrap challenge.
Done!  I decided this month to continue working on using up the scraps in the blue tub, which is way out of control!  I'm hoping to make at least one more quilt from it, plus some string blocks, and cut some more 2.5." x 5.5" blocks to join the green ones from March.  I may make a quilt like this one - I'm still deciding...



3.  Work on a quilt for a friend who is collecting auction items to benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
Done!  I finished this quilt on Saturday and delivered it to him this morning - I hope it raises a whole lot of money for St. Jude's!


4.  Deal with the scraps created by the flurry of finishes I've had in the last few weeks - press and put into the correct color tubs, or cut up into useful sizes!  Do. it. now!
Done!  Or at least, a large part of them.  Here's where I started...


...and here's what I ended up with!


That took the better part of an afternoon to achieve - it's a slow process, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end!!

5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week - no quilt requests came in.  I'm sure that won't last, though!

So all in all, a good week for quilt-y things.  I managed to get everything done that I needed to do, and that's always a plus!  Here's what I hope to do this week...

1.  Work on a scrap quilt from the blue tub.

2.  Quilt a top for a Hands2Help participant.

3.  Cut out a dress by the Lady Skater dress pattern.

4.  Make a journal cover as part of the book review blogpost for this coming Friday.

5.  Start working on a set of these for my grandkids!  I figure they'll be great scrap-busters... and help them learn their letters!


6.  Start on a skirt for Lilli and a dress for Emmy, both made from Shopkins fabric (their current favorite vice!)

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely more than enough to keep me out of trouble!  And I'm fairly sure I'm forgetting something important - so when I remember that, it will be added to the list!  

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Now, on another front, here's something I'm planning to be involved in today!  I hope you'll join me!

Being the hands and feet of Jesus is hard, difficult work.  Many times it seem like the odds are too great and the mountains are too big.  But Jesus said, "when you have done it unto the least of these, you have done it uno me." Matthew 25:37-40


Here's how it works:

Choose an organization at  
She Is Priceless.org

Click learn more and donate to the cause of your choice

Grab a free image to share on social media or take a "selfless selfie" with 
 your favorite pair of pearl jewelry and use the hashtag #putonyourpearls

Link back to Sheispriceless.org to let people know 
 how they can join the movement.


"She Is Priceless" Is A Campaign To Make 
 A Difference In The Lives Of Oppressed Women.
Mercy House is teaming with four organizations 
that are on the ground changing lives.  


A pearl is a healed wound.  An oyster protects itself from irritation and suffering and the result is a priceless pearl.  The women supported by this campaign have endured unthinkable suffering in their lives and often feel forgotten.  
 We are joining together to remind the world that every woman matters.

 

Let's put on our pearls, girls!!

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing. All the things you get done in a week?? lol. I love this blog! Thanks for letting us in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your niece. I am also a Berea alumni, class of 1993. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lists are always so inspiring Sarah!
    What a wonderful cause to become involved in! I really like your explanation about She is Priceless and how a pearl is formed from a healed wound. We support Heifer International and it tends to be the women in the communities who they empower and help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!