Monday, May 30, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Gearing Up For Summer!


Hi, all!

I hope you've had a wonderful holiday weekend!  Around here, Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer - and it certainly seems to be that way at our house!  We're moving into a period of travel and vacations which means that sewing time will be reduced to some extent.  Bummer!  But it's always exciting to see new places and things - and you never know when you'll find a great new quilt shop!  

But there are still things that need to be done - and last week's list is no exception.  Let's see how it went!

1.  Write up the estimate for the t-shirt quilt.
Done - and I've also started deconstructing the t-shirts!

2.  Finish another quilt-y alphabet for a friend.
Done - I actually made two of these!


3.  Stay on top of the Hands2Help linky week (posting quilt pics, answering emails, general administrative stuff!)
Done!  I stayed on top of all that last week, but have more to do this week in wrapping it all up.

4.  Work on another scrappy quilt top.
Started!  I really love the way this one is coming together - I just wish I had more time to work on it!


5.  Prepare for another giveaway this coming Friday! 
(You won't want to miss this one!!)
Done!  If you haven't already entered, you should check it out by clicking here.  You could win a great product from the Classic Metal Company!  Entries are open until Wednesday 6/1/16
 at noon CST.


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, it was a slow week last week - only one quilt was requested, for a gentleman recently diagnosed with lymphoma...



So, all in all, I managed to keep on track last week.  Whew!  This week will be a very short week, because we are traveling to Virginia for my father-in-law's 85th birthday.  There's a whole lot of Hands2Help to wrap up, so there won't be much time for sewing.  Let's see what's on the list...

1.  Mail off all the Hands2Help prizes that I have to mail.

2.  Email all the donors and recipients of the other prizes.

3.  Clean my house so my dog sitter doesn't run away screaming!

4.  Lots and lots of Nana time with the kiddos so my daughter can meet some work deadlines before we go out of town.

5.  Spend any available sewing time working on the commission
 t-shirt quilt.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

A very short list, but it will definitely keep me hopping until we leave!

And by the way, if you haven't already checked out the fabulous quilts made by the participants in Hands2Help this year, you can do so by clicking here.  We ended up with 104 participants, who made 194 quilts to go to three great charities.  Amazing work!!!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. I think the energizer bunny needs some down time real soon! I am trying to wrap up a project that has been 5 yrs in the making. And I have some quilts heading out to a museum display this next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you managed the art of " CLONING" as I'mso sure there are more than just you finishing, starting and organising. Yes, I did a quick hop to see all the finished quilts, but will do a long lengthy one so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to see how your t-shirt quilt comes along (I hope you'll be able to share pictures). for this week I want to decide on a layout for my commissioned t-shirt quilt and start on a house warming quilt for my niece who I'll be visiting on June 17...I better get crackin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you stay so busy, I don't know how you do it. Sounds like summer may be a slow down time for you, lololol. I love the Churn dash quilt, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you are such an inspiration. You have so many things going and seem to accomplish them, as well as many that weren't planned for.

    Finished a Christmas quilt yesterday and starting to cut and layout a quilt for my niece who just graduated and is going on to her masters in nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy birthday to your Father-in-law! This trip might be just what you need to keep that amazing mojo of your going strong Sarah! It's always exciting to get out on the open road. The comments here are really funny. You really do accomplish so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have amazing organizational skills my friend! We're up to our ears in quilt ministry quilts/comforters for Fort McMurray fire victims, and it seems I'm the only one who has a machine with an even feed foot so I've been doing all the staystitching and attaching bindings at home, while we work on other tops during our meetings. Group seems to be getting smaller - must be summer! Happy birthday to your Father-in-law, and a safe and joyful journey to visit him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are going to be busy the rest of the week! I really like your scrap quilt. I have tons of the log cabin type of scrap blocks, and just need to make some string ones to do something similar. I would never have thought of that on my own! I'm very much a think inside the box person, I guess. LOL Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!