Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - A Whole Lotta Sewing Going On!


Hi, all!

Well, I'm writing this on Monday evening, but because I've hit my data cap, I can't load pictures!  So I'll write tonight, add pictures in the morning, and post a day late.  Bummer!  I love living in the country, but internet access sure can be a problem....


It's been a good week, all in all, though - I made some good progress on last week's list!  Let's see how it went...

1.  Work on a scrap quilt from the blue tub.
Done!  I cut some 1.5" x 2.5" and 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles and added them to a stash I already had cut and made this cute quilt.  I got several comments that it looked like the gum wrapper chains we used to make as kids, so that's its name - the Gum Wrapper Quilt!



2.  Quilt a top for a Hands2Help participant.
Done!  Danice made this sweet little quilt and it was a pleasure to quilt it for her!

   

3.  Cut out a dress by the Lady Skater dress pattern.
Done!  I love the internet sometimes - I located this pattern on-line, bought it from the UK vendor, and had it in my inbox five minutes later!  It took lots of taping and matching to get the pieces together, but not very long at all to cut it out.  I can't wait to make this dress!



4.  Make a journal cover as part of the book review blogpost for this coming Friday.
Done!  And FYI, the book review post also includes a giveaway of the book Crafted Appliqué - and there's still time to enter in!  Click here to read more and throw your name in the hat!



5.  Start working on a set of these for my grandkids!  I figure they'll be great scrap-busters... and help them learn their letters!

Done - or at least, started!  I started sewing the letters and cutting them out this afternoon, and I've finished maybe eight of them.  It's fun!  Hopefully I can finish the rest tomorrow...


6.  Start on a skirt for Lilli and a dress for Emmy, both made from Shopkins fabric (their current favorite vice!)
Done - not only started, but finished!  I can't wait to see how they look - and how the girls like them!



7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away five quilts this week...

This quilt went to a local elementary school principal whose house burned down while she was on vacation during spring break...


This one is going to a teacher in Texas who has been diagnosed with cancer and is going through treatments...

This quilt went to a woman whose husband died on Mother's Day...


This pretty bright quilt is going to a 9 year old girl whose cancer has returned...


...and this one is going to her mom, who will be attending cancer treatments with her daughter.


OK, so all in all, not a bad week!  This week promises to be a busy one, as I finish up some of the things I started last week... here's the plan!

1.  Quilt the Gum Wrapper Quilt.

2.  Quilt a baby quilt I made at church Wednesday night.

3.  Finish the alphabet letters for the younger grandkids.

4.  Make my Lady Skater dress.

5.  Quilt an H2H quilt for a participant from the UK.

6.  Pick a winner for the Crafted Appliqué giveaway!

7.  Organize the prizes for H2H and get ready for the final week!

8.  Camp on someone's internet and write a few blogposts...

9.  Start working on a new commission to make a t-shirt quilt.

10.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me busy, and then some!  But that's how it goes - sometimes it's an easy week, others, you just have to keep paddling!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. I am a little, no, make that massively puzzled? Where will you find time to eat, have coffee, sleep, or do anything other than finish all those? Your ministry quilts are made with love, and when it is a combined project, maybe even more so.Danice's quilt is fab, gum wrapper a very apt name, and the little ones new outfits, super, But patterns on the net, that would be my favourite way, instant, print, tape, and there it is.And maybe even a free one is found as well.Have a wonderful day, we are Wednesday morning at 5.11 a.m. cold outside, fire is lit and coffee poured. A bit of blog time, perfect start for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the Gum Wrapper quilt. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact opposite problem: I'm away from home and can't quilt a thing, but have fantastically fast unlimited internet where I'm staying! So I'm taking advantage of that to take a Craftsy class on curved piecing.

    Question for you: Are you using the Crafted Applique method for the quilty letter blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always busy - find time for YOU. The new gum wrapper quilt pattern is a keeper. You need to make a book with all your latest designs - I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actu ally as I read your post I was working on unsewing l-o-n-g strips of badly sewn squares/trapezoids that were donated to our quilt ministry so we can resew them into quilt tops for Fort McMurray fire victims. We have three tops sewn and ready for layering and tying on Saturday and hope to send 6 or 7 quilts in all before we start on baby quilts we need to make soon. I love your gum wrapper top BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a problem affecting blogger this week, I seemed to be safari users who couldn't upload pics, mine is working now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gum wrapper quilt. Will you be doing a tutorial on it or have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so very productive! And your results are amazing! How did you make the letters for your little grands?
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gum wrapper quilt, especially the way the "wrappers" are bigger in the middle. Are you going to write a tutorial for it? Perfect way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you tell me how your making the letters? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, I'll probably be posting about this process next Wednesday, 5/25! Check in then!

      Delete
  11. What you accomplish in one week Sarah is so incredible. I would be thrilled to do all that in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Gum Wrapper quilt is so pretty. So are the grandkids' new clothes. Thank you for quilting my quilt top for Hands2Help, and for the photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!