Friday, June 16, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? One Cool Cat...

Hi, all!

Friday is upon us once again, and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week I finished a quilt that will hang on my eye doctor's office wall.  I've wanted to make this quilt for years, but really didn't know where I would put it - but then I got some cool "hipster" glasses last year, and realized this was the perfect place!  So here is my Hipster Cat wall hanging...


Isn't he fun?  And really pretty simple to make...


All the pieces are fairly large and are just appliquéd onto the backing.


I decided to do straight line quilting about an inch apart using a lime green Glide thread - it gives the background just a hint of color!

Do you want to make one of your own?  Thanks to the amazing sisters at Schwin&Shwin, you can download the free pattern by clicking here!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. Ohh! That hipster cat is so cute! I hope they hang it in the office for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!! And as all the patients walk in, it should be hung out the front, so carers, visitors and everyone can admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore that cat! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - and the fabrics you made it in! It is awesome, and will look great in your doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....he is such a kool cat! Love the hip glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your hipster cat. SO COOL! You chose such a fun fabric for the body. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out great! I just love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I'm almost ready to write that post but my cat is currently sitting on my lap top interfering with progress :-0 but I've got bindings in progress and a finish :-)
    Hipster Cat is going to be a hit! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cat is too adorable! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely deserve a whoop-whoop! for this one! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that hipster cat, and what a great idea for your eye doc! Pattern downloaded--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, Hipster Cat!! He really turned out super sweet :) Thanks for sharing the link to the free pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect place to hang that quilt. I am sure it will brighten the spirits of everyone who visits your eye doctor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sassy!!! Your eye doctor's patients will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too cute and perfect for an eye doctor! Nice job. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!