Friday, November 15, 2019

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? A Finished Quilt, and More!

Hi, all!

It's finally Friday again!  And you know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  So without further ado, let's get started...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

As you read this post, I am currently in New York City, enjoying the sights, tastes, and hustle bustle of the town with my husband.  Which means that I had to write this post on Wednesday as I was sitting in the airport waiting for my plane.  I was wondering what in the world I could write about, since I had not had much time for sewing this week.  But looking back through the photos on my phone, I realized I had accomplished a lot of whoop-worthy things!


First up, keto-friendly chocolate cupcakes!  These tasted really good, although I think next time I will try adapting a whipped cream cheese frosting recipe I have rather than make this buttercream icing again.  It wasn't bad, but a little bit thick.


Then I tried my hand at some yeast-raised keto-friendly dinner rolls.  Here they are after making the dough balls...


...which, miracle of miracles, actually raised!  Here they are going into the oven...


...and here they are coming out!  And they tasted so good!  We took them to a dinner party, along with some non-keto-friendly rolls, and they were just as popular!  I will definitely be making these again - probably for Thanksgiving, so I can enjoy some bread too!


And my stairs!  They are finally completely painted - treads, risers, and trim - all at the same time!  I love how fresh and clean they look.



And this may not look like much to you, but it's huge to me - I photographed and measured all the quilts I would like to put up for sale this season.  Now I just need to write up some posts, either Instagram or Facebook, and get them listed!


And last, but definitely not least, I finished up this pretty quilt - I'm calling it Flight Path!  The pattern, Flight of Fancy, is by Christina Cameli, and I had the honor of being one of the pattern testers.  It's a fun pattern to make!


I had a good time with the quilting, too - it has random meander on the black portions, but a "flight" arrow in each of the triangles.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


8 comments:

  1. Heck you got a ton accomplished!! Hope you are having fun on your getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great accomplishments! Have fun in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you'd share the keto dinner roll recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are 1 busy gal! Love the way your stairs turned out. Are the treads painted black?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make that many quilts that you didn't think you'd had much time for sewing but YOU MADE AN ENTIRE QUILT???!!! You crack me up. Lovely lovely quilt, so happy that Christina's got yet another book out, and the stairs and baking all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you!! That looks like a really fun quilt. Christina's new pattern is SEW awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great vacation. Great job on the pattern testing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flight Path looks awesome in those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!