Wednesday, November 20, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Time For Some Inspiration!

Hi, all!

I hope you all enjoyed visiting Christina's blog last week - wasn't her tutorial fabulous?  I'm looking forward to making one of my own someday, if and when things ever slow down around here...

While traveling last week, I had a chance to wander around Instagram a while, and found some fabulous scrappy inspiration to share!  


How's this for a little low volume love?  I wish I had such a nice variety of low volumes in my stash!


I've never been tempted to do a Single Girl quilt before, but this scrappy version is stunning...


And sometimes simple can be very effective. Both this quilt and the one below are easy quilts, but if you need a fast way to use up some squares, these are adorable!


Do you have lots of solid scraps, like me?  I think this snowball quilt would be a perfect solution to those scraps! (So maybe I should drag them out and cut them up....)


This next quilt made my fingers itch to get to a sewing machine while in NYC - but I graphed out a new design instead using it as the inspiration!  I can't wait to give it a try and see how it works...


And last, but definitely not least, check out this wonderfully scrappy snowflake tree skirt-in-progress!  


Wouldn't that look wonderful under your own Christmas tree?  I am s-o-o-o-o-o ready to start decorating...

And now that you're all inspired and stuff, go drag out some scraps and play for a few minutes!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Oh my those are some serious inspirational quilts!! I have too many scrappy tops waiting to be quilted to start another (although that's never stopped me before!!). I have a whole bin of low volume and those 'simple squares' quilts look so tempting! I decorated for Christmas two wkends ago...the earliest I've ever done it and I'm glad I did! In the past I've waited till the wkend after Thxgvg but it feels like I no sooner put them up that I'm taking them back down. Not this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome inspiration, and yes fingers are definitely itching. Thanks for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes , I needed something fast for baby. It took no time at all. I put the star in to dress it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! These will be part of my 2020 inspiration. I have collected low volume fat quarters all year 2019 so now I have more ideas. Thank you for writing a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of eye candy and brain stimulation here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration! My brain exploded over the rainbow snowball quilt! I made a Single Girl quilt and am I itching to make another. That one is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!