Friday, November 22, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Bit of This and That...

Hi, all!

Another week has come and gone, and it's finally Friday again!  And that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready?  I know we're getting close to the holidays and it may be hard to share, but don't feel like you have to show off a finish.  You can share progress shots if you want!  So let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I've had a busy week, but a real mixed bag of achievements.  Here's a good overview of my week...


How about this?  I got this cool bird feeder for my birthday at the end of October, and the birds finally decided it might be worth checking out this week!  They are insistent little buggers and I've learned to keep the feeder full or they will tap on the window to get my attention....


And this beautiful bundle of Sugarland Park by Amy Smart showed up at my house this week!  Aren't the colors pretty?


These, friends, are chaffles and they are quickly becoming favorites around our house.  Chaffles are made of egg and cheese, plus some other things thrown in, and then the batter is put in a mini-waffle maker.  The ones above have mozzarella cheese, almond flour, psyllium husk and baking powder added and my husband tells me they made wonderful a breakfast sandwich with bacon and cheese.  Tonight I made some with  cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and minced jalapeño to go with our chili - and they were awesome!  It's nice to finally have a viable substitute for cornbread...


I also finished Nathanael's annual quilt this week!  I'll share more pictures soon - I didn't have time to take any yet - but it is something I achieved this week and it's good to have one ready to go.  Now I just need to get to the other two!


And this is my first swirl photograph!  I saw someone posted one on Instagram recently, and when I was getting ready to take a progress shot of this quilt top, I thought it might be fun and different.  I really enjoyed setting it up and love having a new technique in my wheelhouse!


And here's a little true life - I was so proud of getting this quilt top finished today, but as I was just looking at this picture, I realized that two of the blocks are out of order!  So tomorrow I will be carefully picking out the stitching and swapping them out so it's perfect....

So (except for the last one!) - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah




13 comments:

  1. Oh, I am such a bread person - but have cut way back. I don't see anything wrong with your baby quilt layout - only you know - I wouldn't stress about it. I love the penquins - I have lots of animal patterns to work on next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I give in, I've looked at the quilt from all angles and can't see which two blocks you're going to swap! I think it looks great. Your penguins look really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the wonderful camera always reveals what the naked eye does not. I do not see the mix up so I'll just have to take your word for it. It looks great and and your Chaffles sound yum. Thank you for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stuff all! The errant blocks aren't all that obvious, but I understand the need to fix them. Where's the linkup? Is it just me who can't see it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great. I don't see the mix up. I had that happen recently in a quilt I made as a wedding gift. It does happen sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pinwheel memory quilt!! I'm going to have to save that for a future project!! As everyone else has said, I can't see the errant blocks but I'm sure you've already fixed them ;-) I finally finished piecing my Granny Cabin top...now it goes in the to be quilted pile :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely shares today! I like your new bird feeder, and how the birds are training you. And great job on the swirl - it's one of the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bird feeder--you will be able to get some great viewing! Pretty quilt swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is your feathered friend a 'titmouse'? they are an ornery bird with a cute personality to get to know. yes they will let you know when your feeder is low on mealworms, one of their favorite treats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate when that happens. I would rip iit out too...you get so much accomplished in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt. I don't see the error...think it looks great. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I see where the switched blocks are, but I don't think anyone but you would notice it. It's a lovely soft quilt. I got one of those window bird feeders thinking it would circumvent the squirrel raids, but the y started climbing the chimney and jumping onto the roof of the feeder, knocking it off the window. I finally gave up. Squirrels, both real and quilt related, can be so persistent.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. When someone says there is a mistake, I am usually pretty good at finding it. But I give up on this one. I couldn't find it, and I really searched. If it was me, I would leave it as it is. Nancy A:
    SewingGranda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!