Monday, October 18, 2021

Make-A-List Monday - Cool Days, Long Nights!

 

Hi, all!

I don't know about you, but some of my favorite things about fall are the cool days and the longer nights.  It takes a little while to get used to the early darkness, but so worth it!  Lots more time to sew and quilt and do all kinds of fun crafting, too.  And I got lots done last week - here's how it went...

1.  Quilt the snowflake quilt.
Done!  I'm so happy to have this finished in plenty of time for Christmas!


2.  Make at least five more Endless Summer blocks.
Done!  I think I actually made seven since I wrote last week's list, and I now have 32 of the 64 I need to make the quilt top.



3.  Quilt at least one half of the king size summer quilt.
Done!  And not only one half....


...I managed to get BOTH halves quilted!!


4.  Do a quick clean-and-refresh of the upstairs for company coming this weekend!
Done, and we had a great time visiting with family members for the first time in a long time!

5.  Quilt a ministry quilt.
I didn't get to this one, unfortunately!

So a busy week, and a productive one too!  I am really loving this WIPs-B-Gone challenge - in the first quarter, I managed to finish...



...EIGHT projects!  Granted, most of them were Christmas presents that I had started this year, but they needed to be finished and now they are.  And that means that I have time to play!  


Today I set my goals for the second quarter, and they're pretty simple:  finish the king size summer quilt, make more Endless Summer blocks, and quilt the Rainbow Spool quilt.  I'm running out of WIPS!  But the next 25 days are going to be pretty busy - my husband has to have his pacemaker battery replaced this week, all three grands have dentist appointments, so I'm on Nana duty, and in early November we are going to NYC and taking our granddaughter Lilli for a few special days.  So I'll be happy to get these priorities done, and if I get to more, that's great!

But now I need to set goals for the next week!  Here's what I hope to get to this week...

1.  Join the two halves of the summer quilt.

2.  Complete the quilting and bind.

3. Make at least six more Endless Summer blocks.

4.  Quilt a ministry quilt.

5.  Get ready for a yard sale.

I'm going to keep the list short and sweet this week - I'd really like to get the pile of yard sale stuff out of the garage this weekend, and if I have too many fun things to do in the studio, I won't work on the yard sale stuff.  Anyone else feel my pain?

And now the one burning question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Please show us how you join the two halves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had great success with your WIPS-B-GONE challenge, congratulations! I was able to complete my first quarter goals as well.
    Love the quilting on your snowflake piece and look forward to seeing more of those beautiful endless summer blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jennifer H, please show us how you join and finish the King size summer quilt! This week I'll be working on another project from the box my friend sent me of her mother's UFOs. Last week I finished a baby quilt last week and a double oven mitt. Next up is a lap size top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job for the progress on your WIP goals. The summer quilt is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!