Friday, October 21, 2022

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Here There Be Dragons!

 

Hi, all!

Wow!  It's Friday again, and we all know what that means - it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!!  I hope you've had a good week, with plenty of time to do whoop-worthy things you can share!  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Last week I reported that I had cut out all the little pieces for Nathanael's annual quilt, Dragon Dreams.  Wednesday, while Lilli was over doing some work for me, I started sewing those pieces together.  I had a bit of a hiccup when Lilli looked at the fabric I had chosen for the background, and informed me that it was "totally NOT Nathanael"!  So she helped me pick out something more "appropriate" and I cut all those background pieces out one more time.  Then sewing commenced!


The end of the afternoon saw this cute little face emerge!  I'm totally in love with this little guy....


Then Thursday afternoon I sat down to work on the dragon a little more.  While listening to my Audible book, a Preston and Childs called The Cabinet of Curiosities, I knocked out the second section of this drowsy dragon!


It turned out that I had a little more time to sew before I had to go assemble a lasagna, so I hunkered down at the machine and knocked out the third section too!  Isn't this the cutest???  I can't wait to get more of him done tomorrow....

And what, pray tell, was Lilli doing at my house on a weekday?  Her school had a teacher in-service day, so she was at loose ends, and as she texted me, she was poor, so could she come work for me?  Of course!  Nana always has things that she doesn't want to do herself!  And here's what she did for me....


I ordered those see-through bins in the lower three rows of cubbies from Amazon last week, and I'm pleased to say they are a perfect fit for my Kallax (from IKEA) shelf units!  They are also perfect for keeping Bree out of my fabric - and I love them so much I ordered enough to use on the upper two rows!  Lilli took all the stuff in the lower cubbies and put them in the bins and replaced them on the shelves. She also put my big messy pile of patterns into clear plastic sleeves in notebooks, AND sorted my huge messy pile of scraps by color and put them in the correct scrap bins.  See?  Lots of stuff Nana didn't want to do herself, but was happy to pay a poor teenager for!


And is this not the cutest thing ever?  I found this Wednesday night when I went into my bedroom - my cleaning ladies did this after vacuuming and dusting in our bedroom.  I never would have thought of doing that with a quilt, but it sure is cute!  Totally made my day!


And while Bree is a total wild child much of the time, occasionally she just collapses, like this.  Wednesday she went to doggy day care and played for most of the day with her doggy friends.  She came home and after a few minutes of manic running around in the back yard, collapsed for the rest of the evening.  I'm glad she loves playing with the other dogs so much!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop???

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


6 comments:

  1. Nice story. Of courser a grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story. Lilli did a good job for you too. I love the clear bins. The folding by cleaning ladies is thoughtful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilli did a great job of organizing. I bet she has a cool locker at school as well. The dragon quilt is cute. I bet there is another one in your future since you have the background fabrics already cut. Happy dance for sure with that cute little dragon face done. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh, I need a Lilli! I love the look of those clear view bins unfortunately I have smaller book shelves and the ones on Amazon are too big 😕 That's ok, I don't have a "Bree" to keep out so I'll just have to keep using the bins I have LOL. I LOVE what your cleaning folks did with the quilt, what an awesome idea 💖 I finished the Heart Strings quilt, now I need to focus on finishing Pumpkin Patch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-your neatly arranged bins look fantastic! The dragon is off to a very cute start! Looks like a very good time was had by Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish Lilli was close enough to come do some things for me:) Darling dragon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!