Monday, October 24, 2022

Make-A-List Monday - It's Been A Good Week!

 

Hi, all!

It's Monday once again, and I can honestly say I had a very productive week last week!!  Here's how everything went...

1.  Start assembling Nathanael's quilt.
No only start, but FINISH!!  Isn't this cute?



2.  Continue making Lilli's strip sets.
The strip sets are completed...


...and also cross-cut!


And if I needed a sign that this will be a good quilt, I got it!  I made this from a stack of fat quarters that I had been holding on to forever, and I'm not even sure how many were in it exactly.  I cut them all into strips and sewed them into sets of five, and only had one strip left over.  Then I counted the number of strip sets I had (35) and how many cross-cut units I could get out of each (7).  A little quilt math...


...and it turned out I have exactly the number of strips I need to make forty-nine 10" blocks, for a 70x70 quilt!  Now, I call that a sign!!

3.  Choose fabrics for Emmy's quilt and start cutting.
I think I have all the fabrics together, but haven't started cutting. (Oops, just noticed I don't have any reds in this! Back to the scrap bins to see what I can find....)


4.  Move fabric from 15 cubbies in my Kallax shelf
into new storage bins.
Done, thanks to my wonderful oldest granddaughter!  
Didn't Lilli do a fabulous job?


And to top it all off...


Whew!  What a week!  And here's my PSA for the week - if early voting has begun in your area, take time out to vote now!  It's a lot easier to fit it in early than rely on being able to fit it in on Election Day.  

And here's what I hope to work on this week...

1.  Find red fabrics for Emmy's quilt.

2.  Make the center medallion for Emmy's quilt.

3.  Start making the 25-patch blocks for Lilli's quilt.

4.  Make a back for Nathanael's quilt.

5.  Set up the front porch for Halloween!

An ambitious list, but I feel like I'm on a roll, so let's make hay while the sun shines!!

And now I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so glad that you are here and up to sharing with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good that you are back. 'Missed you a lot. Currently working on Christmas gifts, it will be here before we realize it. Looking forward tom seeing more of your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you back! Love those see-thru bins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see a post, your organization is fabulous. Great projects in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest dragon ever!!!!!! Can I hire Lilli to get me organized? Great job Lilli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dragon and the quilting gods were surely on your side with that fabric just working out perfectly. Is Lilli available? Hubs is putting in some shelves today for me in a closet...there is work to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathaniel's quilt looks amazing. Well done. Can Lilli come organize my sewing room?? ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What progress on the kids' quilts--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an impressive list. The dinosaur quilt is so cute. He is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you getting things back on track! Doggie quilt is so cute! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!