Friday, January 31, 2014

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?

Hi, all!

It's Friday again!  Have you been staying warm this week? It's been amazing to see the pictures of snow on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL


Can you believe it?  This is certainly going to go down in history s one weird winter.  But enough of that - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!! Are you ready?

My week has been kind of scattered, but I do have this on the design wall - I was hoping to have it finished today, but seven new quilt requests came in and blew that out of the water!  So for now I just have a very decorative design wall.


…and I did manage to get the Hands2Help 2014 button mocked up - I still have to remember how to set it up for my sidebar, but it looks good!  Hopefully, I'll get it set up on the sidebar soon!


And I've got a couple of whoop whoops to share from the Sweatshop!  Take a look at Rita and her beautiful orphan block creation…


We've started calling Rita the Orphan Block Queen - here are some of her other creations…




See why we give her the accolades?  She's a whiz with orphan blocks!!

And then there's Tommy - he and his wife started coming to our Wednesday night meetings last August, and he started out sewing charm quilt tops. Well, this Wednesday he came in with a pinwheel quilt he made, learning from a YouTube video!  I'm impressed!!


And I think he deserves a huge whoop whoop!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What are you whooping about this week?



What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share with us, so we can dance along!

The party will remain open until Sunday midnight,
so there's plenty of time to join in.

And remember - it doesn't have to be a finish!
If you're dancing about it, we want to join in!

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



26 comments:

  1. Rita's latest orphan block quilt is fantastic - tell her I love it, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a busy week. First, last year I listed all my quilting projects. Anything 5 years or older was a UFO and 4 years old or newer I listed as a WIP. This week I finished the last UFO so now onto my WIP's. I feel like a freed quilter! Our local group has found a permanent home for our childrens quilts. This winter we are giving to to the Foster Children of Montana and we gave away our first 15. We have a goal of 160. One for each child in the program. Last winter we made quilts for Linus. I am looking forward to the future and dancing all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to sit and sew next to Rita! Gorgeous works and eye candy by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita certainly has an eye for putting things together beautifully. Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah...this weather is amazing! It is 39degrees Celsius in Melbourne tomorrow! Love the quilt on the design wall! Your friend Rita is an amazing quilter love her quilts!! Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic orphan block quilts, Rita is a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those quilts from the "sweatshop." The orange pinwheel in Tommy's quilt is perfect! I also love what's on your design wall. Comma is such a great fabric line. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the binding on my Comma quilt and will be whooping about it's finish this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the snow on the beach is amazing! What a lot of great finishes! I use this site for making blog buttons:
    http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita's quilts are wonderful, give her a hug from and also to Tom. They are blessings, you can't thank people like that enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird winter everywhere you are correct!

    Love your quilt top:) Vibrant colors...hope you are able to get a moment to do some more on it.

    beautiful orphan block quilt with lots of pops of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the WIP on your design wall; the palette is so harmonious and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its been a hectic week here, but still managed to get some quilting in! It is always great to see all these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen snow on a beach... wow! Love these scrappy quilts today and your Comma project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them all but Ritas.... wow - it speaks to me!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what's on your design wall! You sure have some dedicated quilters, new and experienced, in the group. Nice to see their talent and enthusiasm at work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blocks on the design wall! You should be proud of those that are coming up beside you in the this ministry! They are doing great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I"m so excited about H2H, it's that time of year agaion, Woohoo!! I already have 2 quilts completely made :) And now that I've moved sewing rooms and my stash is clear to see how large it is, I should be able to get a few more done, so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that's a courageous man. Kudos Tommy! Not only did he walk into a "den" of women, but he took up a "woman's" hobby. Not many men have the confidence.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super Whoop Whoop to Tommy. Love those orphan blocks, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your design wall Sarah. Love that the blocks are jogged. What a good idea!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoop Whoop!!! Happy dancing to find your linky party - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many cute ministry quilts....whoop, whoop!

    I won't be having any whoop, whoops in the near future, maybe not even the far future.....lol

    We are moving (before May 1st) and our daughter is getting married in August.....so my year and live have been turned on edge, but I enjoy being inspired by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, she is definitely the orphan block queen! Each one is so pretty and looks like it ended up the way it was planned before they became orphans. :) And yay for new quilt maker who can learn from YouTube! Great crew you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I forgot to mention that I like the way you've staggered the rows of those square in a square blocks. I may have to swipe that idea from you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just read your comment on the Bloc Loc rulers. I am going to get one and wondered if you would suggest the size that would be best, I was thinking the largest one?? None of our shops here carry them, so I'll order online..thank you so much
    diannemitzel1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!