Friday, August 7, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Near Finish...

Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!!  Are you ready?  I know I am!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week, I've been busily working on a commission memory quilt!  It's been a lot of fun, coming up with a design that was semi-traditional, semi-modern.  The person who commissioned the quilt chose the colors - I think they are wonderfully beach-y!  The brown squares in the picture cover the sepia photographs, because I don't want to give anything away.  This quilt is supposed to be a surprise!!


Today I finished the back of the quilt, using all the scraps from the solids on the front.  I think I have just enough left to bind this quilt and that's a good feeling!


And then, today, as I was headed home from lunch with my daughter and grandkids, I saw a sign for an estate sale nearby.  With great hopes of finding an antique sewing machine (hey, hope springs eternal!), I headed over there.  No sewing machine, but I did find a few great things!


First of all, I spotted those great clear oatmeal glass plates, 4 for $10.  Then I found the cute little bowl which matches another I found years ago that is my husband's favorite ice cream bowl.  I think it's another, less common type of oatmeal glass, and cost me $3.  The vintage Pyrex mix/pour bowl was a great find for $8.  Then I headed upstairs and peeked in the closet - lots of old lady stuff, but then I spotted that fringed leather shoulder bag - SCORE!!!  It's in pristine condition, beautifully tooled, and cost me a grand total of $3!!  Plus it appeals to my inner hippie....  So even though I didn't find an antique sewing machine, I did have a lot of fun for $24!

So all in all, I've had a pretty good week - 
can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance the happy dance?

Share - we all want to dance with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

Remember - it doesn't have to be a finish -
just whatever's making you happy!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



8 comments:

  1. looking forward to the unveiling of the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt and the backing is PERFECT! I always enjoy estate sales and the treasures that are unearthed there. Congratulations on you finds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beachy colors look really great in your commission quilt and I bet they look even better with the sepia tone photos. The backing is perfect! Great estate sale finds - love that vintage fringed handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt. For some reason I am no longer able to add a photo to your linky although I can on other sites. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd be a hit at the folk fest here this weekend with that bag, Sarah! I never have heard of oatmeal glass, bet my grandma has a ton of it as those look so familiar. Beachy quilt...sounds good, and I like what you did on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I love it when I chance onto something like that. Your quilt design is a winner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your memory quilt is going to be great.
    Love that you have an inner hippie! I can relate to that, though I no longer yearn to dress like one! I will never forget how I coveted a heavily fringed suede vest my sister had when I was in middle schoolers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!