Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - The Tuesday, Poor Internet Service, Version

Hi, all!

Good morning from the mountains of North Carolina!  

Unfortunately, I'm posting this on Tuesday because internet service here was spotty at best (and non-existent at worst) last night, so no blogpost for me!  But it's good this morning - at least so far - so I'm going to write quickly to get this posted!!

So let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Tack down the blocks on the memory quilt.
Done!  I can't show any pics because this one is a gift for someone, but trust me, I finished it!  It's gone and delivered.  I'll blog about it in September sometime.

2.  Make a flyer for the quilt show.
Done!  I had fun making this, and it's been delivered to the local bank that sponsors the show for printing.

3.  Finalize a design for the quilt show racks.
I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to get some hardware to do it with!

4.  Come up with a design for a future (secret for now) project!
Done!  Here's a sneak peek...more to come on September 18th!


5.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.
Done!  Little by little, it's getting there.  Two long car trips in one week really help move it along, although I had to pick out a big section because I miscounted. And get this - I miscounted sitting on my sofa at home, not while riding in a car!  Go figure!


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away two quilts this week...


This one went to a woman who just had surgery for breast cancer...


And this one went to a young woman with serious kidney disease.

 And now for this week's list.  It will be much shorter, because we are traveling to visit family so not much time for sewing!  But I did bring a sewing machine with me for the days my husband is in meetings.... ;-)

1.  Piece a quilt top to be part of a "What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday" coming up in September.

2.  Write up the pattern for the September 18th "secret for now" project.

3.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.

4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I don't think there's anything else I can do while traveling, but that should keep me from going nuts, at least!  And speaking of traveling, I saw this great picture on Facebook last week and think it's a fabulous idea!  Don't you?


My husband seems a little hesitant about putting one in the front of his car.....

Just a reminder, too - I'm having a One Million Page Views giveaway this week!  Entries close Thursday at noon, so there's still time to enter.  Click on this link to go to the blogpost for entries!!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I'm afraid when I saw that photo on pinterest of the sewing machine in the passenger seat I thought the person was not thinking of safety in the least - an accident can happen in the blink of a eye and there she is with scissors and who knows what all :) == cute but dangerous - air bag goes off and where does all that get pushed to - her face and chest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, cute photo, but bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave young Abby her messenger bag for her walker. She loved it! Now, I'm working on some blocks for a Quilt of Valor. The ladies in our Sunday school class are making it for one of the men. We are going to present it to him on Veterans Day. We have been meeting once a week I'm "fixing" some of the blocks that were sewn so they will go together easily this Thursday. None of the ladies sew but they have done an awesome job. I couldn't be prouder. The exciting news is that they are wanting to sew pillowcases, which means they have enjoyed the process. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on a gift for my MIL. Her birthday is next week. I hope I can get all the sewing done before then!

    Determined Debby

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!