Monday, August 31, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Break's Over!

Hi, all!

Well, we had a lovely trip last week, in the mountains of North Carolina for a couple of days, and then visiting my father-in-law and other family members in Richmond.  The weather was great and it was a refreshing time away from our usual routine.  But now it's a new week and it's time to get back to work!

So let's see how last week's list (a short one, but still a list) went...

1.  Piece a quilt top to be part of a "What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday" coming up in September.
Done!  Here's a sneak peek - I'm loving the colors!


2.  Write up the pattern for the September 18th "secret for now"  project.
I haven't gotten to this one yet - I was having too much fun with the next item on my to-do list!

3.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.
Done!  I got a lot done on his stocking - it looked like this before our trip...


...and here's what it looks like now!


Hooray for long road trips!!

4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Fortunately, we only had one request last week - so this was an easy one.  This quilt is going to a 4-year old girl who was just diagnosed with Crohn's disease.


In addition to all the above, I also made some super cute coasters using a tutorial I found on Instagram!


 So at least I feel like I accomplished a little bit last week!

This week is already stacking up to be a busy one - lots of things that I've got to get started or finished!  So here's the list...

1.  Make a back for the "What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday" quilt.

2.  Quilt and bind the WOTBW quilt.

3.  Write up the "secret for now" pattern.

4.  Pack up and mail the One Million Pageviews giveaway items.

5.  Quilt a friend's vintage quilt top.

6.  Quilt my niece's quilt top.

7.  Pull together all the parts needed for the quilt racks for the September 19th quilt show.

8.  If the fabric arrives, start cutting out the "secret for now" quilt.

9.  Order solids for Emmy's and Nathanael's annual quilts.

10.  Pull fabrics for Lilli's annual quilt.

11.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.

12.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Well that's way more than enough to keep me out of trouble for a while!  So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. It was good for you to take a break I am sure. And look at the new list, whew!! I would love to see/know you set up for the quilt racks for the show as we have to assemble our own for October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Sarah, that would be a rip roarin' week for me. Nathanael's stocking is really cute!
    My heart goes out to that little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG -your list is humongous this week! Good luck with it all. Nathanael's stocking is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those coasters, I watched the video but what size hexagons do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see so much progress on the Christmas stocking, I know he will love it.

    You did another great job on last week's list but this week's list would have me running the other way. I don't know how you do it...I want to be like you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!