Friday, August 14, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Sweet Baby Quilt...

Hi, all!

Well, it's Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  I am!

This week I've been working on a bunch of projects that I can't share yet - I'll have to wait until after they are given to their intended recipients!  But I did make a sweet little baby quilt that I want to share with you...


We had a request for a baby quilt for a new baby in shades of yellow, lavender and purple.  Well, our stash is really short on purples, but I had some leftover Willow fat quarters in yellow and gray...


I cut those fat quarters up into 5" squares and sewed together a simple patchwork charm quilt.  I love the soft shades of this collection, and I was so happy that I still had the yellow fat quarters!



I did find a pretty lavender print for the back, and a lavender stripe for the binding.


I quilted it with a free motion design I call "girly swirly" - just swirls that come to points, but I think it looks super feminine!



I had to use the kids' play yard as a photography assistant today, because I couldn't get the clothesline up by myself, but I actually think it worked really well!  

This was a wonderful quick project - it's always fun to sew for new babies!  So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's made you dance a happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. I love soft shades of the quilt. And the bright binding beautifully brings it all together. Many blessings to the lucky baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet and pretty, nice save with the gray it looks lavender in the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a nice delightful baby quilt, sweet soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so soft and cuddly. The colors are perfect and your quilting adds a wonderful texture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt. It is so pretty. The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet colors for a baby, and looks like you had a good time on the FMQ. Girly Swirlies are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet baby quilt - pretty color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. Looks soft and cuddly. Love the light colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with a simple patchwork quilt - love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!