Monday, July 22, 2019

12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop and Quilt-Along, Day 9!


Hi, all!

Welcome back for another day of the 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop!  So far we've seen table toppers and pillows and quilts and so many more great ideas!  And today we have two more packages to unwrap, from Kate of Katie Mae Quilts and Susan of QuiltFabrication.  Do you like to unwrap your packages slowly, cutting through the tape and carefully folding up the paper, or are you a ripper, rushing through to see the goodies inside?  Either way, you're sure to be happy with what today's gifts reveal!

Here's the line-up once again...

SUNDAY, JULY 14TH

MONDAY, JULY 15TH

TUESDAY, JULY 16TH

WEDNESDAY, JULY 17TH

THURSDAY, JULY 18TH

FRIDAY, JULY 19TH

SATURDAY, JULY 20TH

SUNDAY, JULY 21ST

MONDAY, JULY 22ND

TUESDAY, JULY 23RD

WEDNESDAY, JULY 24TH

THURSDAY, JULY 25TH


And remember, too, there's a giveaway!  FIGO Fabrics has donated a fat quarter bundle of their new Christmas line, Wintertide...


...and one lucky reader will get to take it home!  All you have to do is fill in the form below with your full name and email address (don't worry, I won't use it for anything beyond notifying you if you win!).  Entries will close on Tuesday, July 30th, and I'll announce the winner here on Wednesday, July 31st - New Year's Eve in July!


Be sure to click "Submit"!!

You get an entry for visiting the stops on the hop, too, so drop by each new day's blog posts, enjoy the post and leave a comment (comments make us happy!), then fill out the entry form on their blog too.  If their blog hop post doesn't have an entry form feel free to come back here and leave an entry after checking out their "gift" for you!

So get hopping, folks - then come back here to see today's step for the quilt-along...

*******



Look at that! If you've been following along and keeping up, your quilt will have eight finished blocks today!  The end is in sight!  (I don't know about you, but when I get to this point I can't wait to make that last block - even if I have to get my husband to take care of dinner that night to do it!)  If you still need to refer to the instructions for block construction, check out this post.


And I'm pleased to say that after much pinning and stitching...


I have finally finished all the borders on my medallion version of this quilt!  I'm also batting around ideas for quilting it, so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. 


There's lots of negative space that screams for something interesting....  But what?  That's the question.



So with the goal line in sight, keep on keeping on, as they say - or they used to, when I was a teenager.  Boy, did I just date myself!


Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. This is just so awesome! The center was a popper, but adding to it each round just iced it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful quilt, love the checkerboard border. Thanks for all the work you put into this sew along. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful quilt! Nice work on every level! Savor the top....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how this turned out!! Beautiful!! I look forward to Christmas in July every year. Thanks so much for all the work you do to make this special!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how i5 made up! I love this blog hop every year and participating in it. Thanks so much for all you do in organizing and making this such a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having so much fun hopping this year! You have outdone yourself -- and your quilt is wonderful. I know being host is a lot of work and cannot thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with the others. thank you very much for the hop. love the medallion quilt. maybe you could do a squiggle ribbon in tree shape between trees. I don't do fmq, sew I hope I'm saying that right?...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!