Monday, January 20, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - What a Week!

Hi, all!

What a week it has been, and what a week to come!  We closed on our new house last week, and wonder of wonders, it went perfectly smoothly!  I've never had that experience before, and let me tell you, it was wonderful.  So I think I'll just quit buying houses now, while I'm ahead of the game!

Let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Pick a winner for my blogoversary giveaway!  
(Coming up next!)
Done, and the package is already winging its way north!

2.  Pack, pack, and pack again.
I have packed a bunch, but even more, I shredded through about eleven years of financial records that had accumulated.  That took forever, because I kept overheating my shredder....

3.  Go to our new house (after Thursday) and pull up the floating vinyl floor to see the much better floor underneath. (Fingers crossed it's in great condition!)
Good news - the flooring looks great!



It still needs a good cleaning but I like it a lot!


My husband was also very happy to move in the first piece of furniture, the desk he made for his new home office!

4.  Haul more stuff to the storage unit.
Here's just one load of stuff I took there...


5.  Go through the stuff in the attic and decide what to take and what to get rid of.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to this because of all the shredding...

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week, with no quilt requests!

This week promises to be just as busy, or maybe busier than last week.  Here's what's on my calendar for the next few days...

1.  Finish the gift quilt.

2.  Take more boxes and stuff to the new house.

3.  Meet with movers for estimates.

4.  Accept furniture deliveries at the new house.

5.  Get internet and TV installed at the new house.

6.  Sort through and pack up the attic.

7.  Disassemble some of the larger Kallax shelves in my sewing studio so they can be taken downstairs.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Not much quilt-y going on this week, and that makes me sad - but it can't be helped.  For the next two weeks, moving is going to have to take precedence.  You can see what's on my schedule for this week, and the carpet installers are coming on the 29th.  After that we can start moving boxes and small furniture in earnest, with the movers hopefully coming on February 4th to get the last of everything.   Then maybe I can get back to quilting!  

But I will be having some fun this week, too - Monday is a holiday for my grandkids, so we will be going to see the new movie "Dolittle"!  I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with them - we all love to go to the movies!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

20 comments:

  1. How exciting to change house. We haven't done that for 35 years. I'll need to pretend as, to empty some of the rooms not in use just now. It's so easy to just skip things in there, but now it's too much. Hope you will take time to visit my blog today with the blues blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you with all the packing - it is always surprising what we accumulate - especially in our closets :)! You have been getting a lot done though I see, and the floor in your new house looks beautiful. I had to show my husband the lovely desk your husband made - love it!
    I have slowly come to the end of my scrappy quilts, and hope to start quilting them soon - then binding, binding, binding :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on the floor underneath! Just keep packing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still amazed at that floor underneath and the light color stuff they had on top of it - maybe that was it they just wanted something lighter? enjoy moving into your new space it will take you a couple weeks or more to get settled but you will enjoy it I bet

    ReplyDelete
  5. such great news about your flooring! It's great you have time to get new carpeting etc going before moving your furniture in there as well. Moving is such a huge deal but it looks like you are managing it well. It will be worth it!
    I'm sewing sashing to blocks this week on my Straits quilt...which I still have to look at in just steps because finishing is still quite a ways off!
    Enjoy that movie and the time with the grands :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your closing went well. You've been packing for weeks, and you're still at it. Just out of curiosity, how many boxes does it take to pack up a whole household of stuff? What size storage unit? It'll help me plan for our move later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you have some time to move everything. Hope the movie was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go - you are making great progress. I'm curious, why are you moving boxes to a storage unit? Are you doing work to your house before moving in? Just curious as we continue to make plans to move. We haven't found a buyer yet, or a house to buy....but we have lots of stuff packed already (our realtors advice). I'm threatening to unpack my sewing studio. Emjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get this reply - I don't have your email address! We moved boxes to the storage unit to get them out of our old house before we closed on the new one. We are doing some work on the new house before we move in, carpeting the upstairs, so we don't want to move furniture up there before that's done. Getting the boxed stuff out of the house gave us more room to work on other things!

      Delete
  9. Why on earth did they cover that beautiful floor? Crazy! No quilting for me this week, either, since we're flying to CA to visit my family. Have a great, productive week, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The floor looks marvelous! You just have to live with what is happening but you will get back to sewing with a vengeance in no time

    ReplyDelete
  11. So is the new carpet going in the bedrooms? I can't imagine you're going to cover that beautiful floor except for area rugs. It's nice that you can take some time to move even if that stretches the chaos out longer. You'll be itchin' to get back to sewing before long, but what a great opportunity to reorganize.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the staircase in your new house. The base of the lamps in the living room really pick up the look and blend well. It looks like a great place for the royal grandchildren to have fun.

    ReplyDelete

  13. It is always so interesting to visit your site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed reading this blog. It was explained and structured with perfection.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impressive!Thanks for giving me an idea to my site

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for posting this educative write up

    ReplyDelete

  18. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for posting this educative writeup. I really like your means of blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!