Friday, August 7, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Lots Going On!


Hi, all!

Well, here it is, Friday again, can you believe it?  The weeks are just flying by, it seems.  But Friday means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on, so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*


First up is this t-shirt quilt for a young man who just lost his dad unexpectedly.  One of his mom's friends commissioned this quilt and I was honored to be part of its story.


Pretty blues make this a cheerful quilt, and one I hope he will enjoy for many years to come.


I love the texture simple straight line quilting gives a t-shirt quilt!

And then I finished this quilt.  


This was fairly quick and easy - the customer had already made the top, and provide the backing (minky) and an old flannel sheet to use in place of batting.  All I had to do was quilt it and bind it.  This is the fourth t-shirt quilt I have finished for her - one for each of her grandchildren!

And then I got busy cutting out Harry Potter blocks for Lilli's annual quilt....


Hagrid...


Hedwig...


Snape...


..and Professor McGonagall!


And I even got a chance to pull fabrics for a Plaid-ish quilt - Lilli helped! - and got them all cut and ready to take on vacation!  Unfortunately it didn't make a dent in my 5" squares drawer, though.


And just for fun, here's picture of my sweet puppy, Fly!  She won't usually pose for pictures, but the day I was taking pics of the first t-shirt quilt, she just sat there and smiled!


So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


11 comments:

  1. You do such a nice job on the T-shirt quilts. I looked up the plaidish quilt tutorial - what a great way to use up scraps and a real popper! How fun to see the whole dog - caught a bit here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My GDs would also love a Harry Potter quilt but they may just get a pillow of one block. Younger GD wants the HP block from "Seriously I think it needs stitches" at https://www.kellifanninquilts.com/p/harry-potter-sewalong.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 2 new finishes. Last year I made my first tshirt quilt and it wasn't as bad as I thought. If I ever make another I will insist the t-shirts or at least the designs are the same size. Thank you for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful t-shirt quilt finishes! I love the look of Fly's face as she watches you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great t-shirt quilts! They always have such special memories for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting those T-Quilt finished, Sarah! Bonus points for kitting up some vacation sewing. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your t-shirt quilts. What a great comfort and memory quilt for the young man. Have never made one but it's on my to-do list. I know my grown daughter would love to have a HP quilt. Not sure I'm up to the challenge but would be awesome if I make one. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your t-shirt quilts turned out great! I am looking forward to seeing the Harry Potter quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing the two t-shirt quilts. I love the spacing of the quilting on the first one. I often use a crosshatch design but never think to add some blank lines for some visual interest. I just love it. And how cute is Fly?!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you quilted the t-shirt quilt. A friend and I made one for another friend and we had trouble thinking how to quilt it. I'll remember this for next time. I'm looking forward to seeing your Harry Potter quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see your Harry Potter Quilt. I started one but it has not been finished yet....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!