Wednesday, August 12, 2020

I May Have A Scrap Problem... But I'm Working On It!

 

Hi, all!

Just a quick post this week, because I haven't had much time to even cruise through Instagram, but I did play with scraps this week!  Last Wednesday Lilli spent the day with me and one of the things we did was to sort through all my 5" squares.....


...to pull fabrics for a Plaid-ish quilt!  Just in case you haven't seen this awesome quilt before, here's an example of a scrappy version...

(not my work!)

Isn't that gorgeous?  Well, after Lilli and I pulled all those fabrics, I decided that the least I could do was go ahead and cut the pieces to the correct sizes, so I got busy, and now I have...



...a kit all pulled together for my vacation sewing!  It always amazes me how relatively little fabric it takes to make a quilt - that gallon zip loc bag holds enough to make a twin size quilt, and it barely made a dent in my 5" squares drawer.  So I hope I like making this quilt, and can pull fabrics for another soon!

Want to make your own?  You can find the free pattern by Kitchen Table Quilting by clicking here.

What scrappy things are you working on these days?  Enquiring minds really want to know!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Omgosh, this reminds me...I need to finish my Plaidish quilt. It's sitting in the 'to be basted' pile (with a few others). I'm sure I'm going to love watching yours come together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is in exactly the same place as Sharon's: waiting to be basted!

      Delete
  2. Pladish has been on my to-do list for a long time. But I need to wrap up more UFOs before I let myself even think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this quilt last year and love it. Enjoy making it and have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah for the great inspiration. I downloaded the pattern and will be doing this one for sure. I love it and I have a lot of 5" pieces already for it.
    I am working on crumb blocks to finish a quilt for DS3. I'm stuck at the border. What to do, what to do? lol.
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun to see your Plaidish quilt. I've had that one on my radar awhile now...for the name, if anything. HA! I love plaids and the idea of making something that looks like a plaid with scraps sounds too fun. I hope it makes for fun vacation sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link, Sarah, and good luck getting your quilt top together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a Plaid-ish quilt. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your Plaidish all put together!!! It's a scrappy blast to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This pattern is so pretty! I looked up some more Plaidish Quilts on Instagram and wow! The variety of colors is inspiring! I love how your inspire us to use our scraps. Right now I'm working on two scrappy projects: a quilt made of tiny squares and a Crazy Quilt! Such fun! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-sorry but the name didn't inspire me but this quilt is really great! You nailed the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making a kit. I need to take a rest from Instagram and Pinterest and get sewing!!! Need to put all that inspiration to work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!