Friday, August 28, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Meeting Goals....

 

Hi, all!

Wow, can you believe it's Friday already - and almost the end of August?  This year seems to be flying by like a runaway train.  Before we know it, it will be Christmas!  

And speaking of the year flying by, I have a special request for some input from you all.  At the beginning of each year, I usually do a series of tutorials for simple donation quilts with some sort of theme. Past series have been Sweet Sixteen (16-patch blocks), Nifty Nines (9-patch blocks), Stunning Stars (star quilts), Scrumptious Scraps (scrap quilts), Rockin' Rectangles (rectangle-based quilts), and Charmed, I'm Sure (charm-based quilts).  I usually start working on the plans for these tutorials during the summer of the year before and that means it's time to get on the ball.  So my request?  What would you like to see in next year's series?  I'd love to hear your thoughts as I prepare for 2021 - which will surely be better than 2020!

And now, it's Friday and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on - let's go!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

My main goal this week was to get all the blocks for the commission t-shirt quilts prepped and cut out so I could go on vacation guilt free, and Hooray!!!  I succeeded!  Here's the first one...



...and here's the second.  



The customer wanted full size quilts, which worked well for the width, but I needed additional length.  Adding the fabric strips between the blocks (all of which will be sashed) gave me just the right amount extra!  Plus it's a fun way to work in a little more memories!  Hopefully Hancock's will have my fabric order delivered by the time I get back from vacation, and I can get these two quilts finished soon.


And I got an interesting message on Wednesday from a friend.  Turns out she's moving and seriously down-sizing, and she wanted to find a good home for all of her quilting "stuff".  Was I interested?  Heck yes!!   So all that in front of my shelves came home with me, along with a Bernina named Bernie that I'm getting acquainted with.  She won't ever replace Tillie, my Juki, but it is kind of fun to have a new machine to play with!  I'm still sorting through all of the fabric and stuff, but it's a fun process.


And just to keep it real, here's my #scrapmountainofshame - the accumulated scraps from the last few months of sewing.  I really need to deal with these, but it will have to wait until after vacation.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


19 comments:

  1. Wow! So nice you could make that sacrifice by giving a new home to your friend’s quilting stuff. :D The t-shirts quilts are looking so nice!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Bernina, they last forever, my Mum had one when I was about 111 maybe that was 30 years old when I traded it in for a model that had some fancy stitches, our daughter has that one, it is now 40 years old and still as good as new. I now have a 440QE, and love it. Fabric, so good it all has a loving new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...nice to have friends like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great vacation! I'm sure Lilli would be great at helping to organize the 'new stash'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all that fabric AND a Bernina? You definitely hit the jackpot :-) Regarding a theme for your tutorials here are a few suggestions that popped into my head: Jumping Jelly Rolls, Crazy Curves, Quarter Square Dance. Love the layout for the t-shirt quilts! Have fun on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Vacation! Lucky you, to receive so many goodies - and a Bernina! - from your friend.
    About next year's theme, may I suggest scrappy strips? I've been obsessed with strips lately, check out these posts:
    https://thecolorfulfabriholic.blogspot.com/2020/07/bright-strippy-spiral-finished.html
    https://thecolorfulfabriholic.blogspot.com/2020/06/sea-glass-friday-finish.html
    I'm sure you can find lots more ideas, including spiderwebs and string squares. The scrappier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did the week go? Where did August go? Where did the summer go? I don't have any tutorial suggestions, but I like simple, quick and easy piecing. It makes making a charity quilt go faster, but also gives me a break from "fancier" piecing that I'm doing in my regular quilting. Enjoy the new quilting goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gosh — what a fabulous assortment of goodies you’ve inherited! But I think I’d be stressed out by having SO MUCH STUFF to go through and find homes for. I know you will put it all to good use. There is no shame at all in a healthy scrap pile. The shame is in hundreds of yards of uncut fabric for projects planned, but never begun... Cough, cough...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to stretch the length of those T-Quilts, Sarah, and congratulations on your quilty windfall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! You're scrapmountainofshame isn't really that big. It's just a speed bump!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lucky girl. That's the best gift a quilter can get.
    Have a wonderful vacation. I'm on vacation too, starting right now! Whoop whoop! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting to get all that sewing stuff. I am sure there was a lot of money sitting in those containers! You did good on those t-shirt quilts. Thanks for sharing your "real" pile of scraps. I try to stay on top of mine but they seem to grow faster than I move!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas for the t-shirt quilts. Just warning you, the scraps multiply when you're not looking!
    Enjoy your Bernie. I have 2 Berninas and a Juki. Love! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 16,9, the next in progression is 4-patch, right? I like using chain blocks as alternate blocks in a quilt. Perhaps a tutorial on making easy alternate blocks? A78mandel at yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic new acquisitions!!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The additional strips was a great idea to add length to the the quilts. Congrats on scoring the quilting supplies and the Bernina!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have two Berninas and love them! Of course, Izzy at my LQS keeps them in shape with their annual "Spa Day"! I've heard a lot of good things about Jukis...gonna have to check them out.
    As far as next year's theme, this year I've been playing a ton with my Accuquilt and am amazed at how much it speeds up the quilt making process! Plus, my blocks come out so much more accurate! Perhaps an Accuquilt friendly theme?
    Thank you for sharing your real scrap collection! We all have one that needs to be taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!