Monday, August 3, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - Progress, and Another Busy Week!

Hi, all!

After a busy week and weekend, Monday has rolled around again and another week has begun!  And it's August - can you believe it?  This year has seemed both interminable and like it's flying by, both at the same time.  I don't understand that, but I bet many of you feel the same way.

Let's see - last week I had a few things on my list, like making some see-through masks for friends...


These went to a family in Georgia...


...and these were made for my grandkids' school interpreter!

I also had on my list to make and finish a t-shirt quilt for a customer, and I finished that this afternoon!  More pictures to come on Friday, but here's my proof that I finished it!


I had on my list to start cutting and packaging up some blocks for Lilli's annual quilt, and I got two cut out - Ron and Harry....



...and this afternoon, I took some time after finishing the customer quilt and added Ron to the gang...


...and started working on Harry!  Harry's block is more intricate than all except Luna's so far, so I didn't quite get it finished before I had to cook supper, but it should be a quick finish tomorrow morning.


AND I wrote the tutorial for the see-through masks, which you can find here if you are interested.  It is a long and picture-heavy post, but I think it makes them do-able for anyone with some sewing experience!  

The one thing I didn't get to last week was quilting the other customer quilt (it's a quilting job only).  But I did look at it today in preparation and it appears that I'll be able to use width of the fabric for the back, with no seams.  Hooray!!!  And that's the first thing on my list for this week.

Next up will be finishing Harry's block, and cutting out some more of them.  These blocks are so much fun to make - Lorna did a fabulous job with the instructions.  I still have Hagrid, Snape, McGonagall, Hedwig, and Hogwarts to cut out and assemble, so that's plenty to keep me busy this week.

I also need to spend some time looking over the pattern for the dinosaur quilt for Nathanael.  I hope it's as well written and easy as Lorna's patterns!  If time allows, I'll get started cutting out some of these blocks to save for vacation.

I also want to spend some time with each of the grandkids, one on one, this week.  Summer is over, and they will be starting school (albeit at home with distance learning) next week.  So one last fling with each of them is in order!  

Plenty to keep me out of trouble this week, and if I get through all this, I'm sure I can find something else to get into!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. You're making good progress on the quilts for the grandchildren. Would you do me and other 'older' people a favor? Click the large side when you write your posts. The regular sized font is just too small for easy reading with the new blogger format. Thanks, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, did you know that you can increase the font on any webpage you are reading by clicking control-+? Hold the control key down, then click the plus sign. And control-minus sign makes it smaller again. Easy peasy! I use it a lot with my squinty eyes :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info on the font size, I found on my MAC it is command plus sign.

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth Hartman does write easy to follow patterns 😁 I've made fancy forest in a few different sizes. They are comparable to Lorna's patterns, which I have done a few of too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those masks look so well made! Your efforts are going to make some lives a lot easier :-)
    I sewed more scrub caps this week and have them ready to send off so I'm back to working on my cat quilt. I've got the blocks sewn and will add the sashing so I can sew them all together. Have fun with those grands this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time with the grands is a priority! Nice work on the quilts this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!