Monday, August 24, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - Two Hurricanes??? Seriously???



Hi, all!

It has finally arrived - the week of our vacation - and what is currently churning its way through the Gulf of Mexico?  Not one, but two - TWO! - hurricanes!  2020 strikes again.  But we are hoping they will turn away from where we are going to stay, and rain or not, storms or not, we are.going.to.the.beach!

But enough of that.  Let's see how last week's list went!

1.  Deconstruct clothing items for the two customer quilts.

Mostly done.  I've deconstructed all but a couple of blocks that the customer brought this weekend.  This cute piece is from an outfit that one of the girls wore when she met Bill Clinton!



2.  Start building the blocks for those quilts.

The big blocks for one quilt are almost all done!  I should be able to get the last one finished before we leave, and some of the blocks for the second quilt too.



3.  Set up additional lighting in the quilt room.

Done!  This turned out to be a more complicated job than I thought it would be, because I forgot about the sloped ceiling!  But I was able to take the lamp apart, remove a segment of the pole, and rewire it.  Now I have two of these, one on each end of my quilt frame, bouncing light up onto the ceiling!  Now I can quilt any time of the day or night...



4.  Deal with the stack of scrappy leftovers that are cluttering up the sewing table!

Whoops - didn't get to this one at all...


5.  Plant some autumn bulbs in the front planter at the new house.

...but I did do this one!  Lots of crocuses and other pretty things - can't wait to see them come up!  I'll post pictures when they do.


6.  Put the Harry Potter blocks together into a quilt top.

Woohoo!  This top is finished!!  And now it's folded away so I can work on customer quilts.  But it will be quilted soon - as soon as I figure out how to quilt it!



7.  Make a list of necessary (sewing) items for vacation (so I don't forget something important - like the power cord for my sewing machine!)

I forgot to take a picture of it, but it's written on one of the whiteboards in my studio.  What did we do before we had whiteboards?  I love those things!


So all in all, a pretty productive week.  But there's still a few things I'd like to get done before I leave for vacation, so here's what's on my plate for this week...


1.  Make the blocks for the second t-shirt quilt.


2.  Pack up all the supplies needed for a week of sewing if we have terrible weather at the beach!


3.  Figure out everything I need to tell the house-sitter about our new house!  For 13 years I had a list that I printed out about our old house with all the pertinent info, but now I need to start from scratch!


4.  Pack up everything we need to take with us. 


5.  If time permits, cut out another Plaid-is quilt kit just in case.  It would be a shame to run out of stuff to sew on vacation!


Lots to do this week, but I keep humming a little vacation song while I work so I stay motivated!  Now if those hurricanes will just magically go away, or at least go in the opposite direction from where we will be...


And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?


Hugs!


Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely vacation - hope the weather does not cause too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go, on your way!!! Enjoy it all, every day, let the hurricane go on its own holiday somewhere else, way out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your vacation is going to be spared! I hope you have an awesome trip :-) I've let the covid fog creep in the past few days so I haven't done a dang thing :-( I've got my Village quilt all basted so I just need to sit down and start quilting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping the hurricanes don't mess up your vacation too much! And if you run out of projects, don't forget about A&E in Pensacola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you are not going to Louisiana! Have a fun time and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that hurricane fizzles and leaves you with some better weather! Have a fun escape any way you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, goodness, Sarah! Stay safe and pray for the electricity to stay on SEW that you can enjoy your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to be looking to vacation time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are headed down I-65 on your way to the beach, wave to me out the passenger window at the Peach Park exit (205).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay safe and enjoy your vacation. Sounds like you are prepared for some sewing to keep you busy if the weather doesn’t cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!