Friday, August 21, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Progress Made, And New Projects Started...

 

Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around once again, and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  It's been a busy and full week around here, as I imagine it has been wherever you are - but hopefully you've got something to whoop about this week.  So let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Last week I shared Lilli's annual quilt as a work in progress, and this week, while it's still a work in progress, it is also a finished quilt top!


Lilli wanted a quilt large enough for her queen size bed, and I didn't want to lose the row with Hedwig and Hogwarts, so I eliminated one row of the original pattern.  I also added a 4" border and cornerstones of a Golden Snitch fabric.  This thing is massive!  But I think she's going to love it.  For now, though, I need to put it away for a while so I can work on a job for a customer...


This is the beginning of a t-shirt quilt, one of a pair for sisters.  It contains items from babyhood to high school years, which makes it fun to figure out ways to feature smaller bits of fabric.  In addition to the two missing blocks (I ran out of time today) there will be strips of fabric rather like coin blocks between the rows of t-shirt blocks.  This was done not only to utilize all the fabrics, but also to get it to the size requested by the customer.  It's always fun to come up with a new design!


And speaking of new designs, have you seen this quilt by Jen Kingwell?  The pattern is called Boho Heart, and I must have it!  I don't think it's for sale in this country yet - I can only find it on websites from Australia - but I'm keeping it on my radar.  I so enjoyed making my Gypsy Wife and Long Time Gone quilts, and I definitely will be making this one too!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


21 comments:

  1. What a great Harry Potter quilt! Your granddaughter is going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I think I have to get the Boho Heart pattern too! I loved making my Gypsy Wife quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to win The Grandma of The Year award with this quilt! Looking forward to the quilting plan.
    Connie W.
    c_s_wolfe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl block in the HP quilt is remarkable! Funny how quilts expand. And the Jen Kingwell design will be great fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilli’s quilt is so cute! I can’t imagine her ever outgrowing that! And oh, my goodness, Jen has done it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boho Heart is fabulous! All of your projects are going well, Sarah!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh what a cute Harry Potter quilt!! that will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish and quilt in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll give you a whoop whoop for finishing quilts by Jen Kingwell and wanting to do more ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Harry Potter quilt is going to be so amazing! What size is the pattern originally, that you’re having to eliminate a row to get a Queen size? Or did you resize the blocks as well? Also that Boho Heart pattern is SUPER tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Harry Potter top is fantastic!! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's going to love that quilt. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your HP quilt is fabulous. I'd love to do one for my oldest granddaughter but I don't think their house could deal with that big of a quilt. Boho Heart is amazing. I'm sure you'll find a pattern source soon! (Remember digital patterns are usually downloadable right after payment! Yep, I can be an enabler!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The HP quilt is awesome! She's going to love it. And I can't wait to see the finished T-shirt quilt. The Boho Heart is also amazing but it sure looks challenging. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve never made a Jen Kingwell quilt, but had been thinking about the Gypsy Wife for a while. It’s a lovely pattern, now I’m thinking it might be that heart quilt instead! I do love her scrappy look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love that Boho Heart! Wouldn't it be fun to make with orphan blocks? I'm going to need to really study it and see if I can do an adaptation :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Harry Potter quilt is great. I have yet to tackle a T-Shirt quilt. The Boho Heart quilt looks like a fun one to make.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have had my eye on this Harry Potter pattern. It is wonderful to see it done up here!

    I love the heart pattern as well! I hope you find it here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty quilt tops! I love your positive attitude about figuring out the measurements and design of the Tshirt quilt! The Boho Heart pattern speaks to me as well - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!