Monday, October 12, 2020

Make-A-List Monday - A Productive Week!

 

Hi, all!

Wow, last week was very productive!  I guess I just need to know I have a very limited amount of time and lots to do to get motivated.  So without further ado, here's last week's list and what I did...

1.  Baste and quilt the special project quilt.
Done!  It's all ready to go, and I'll share more about this one after it is gifted.


2.  Make a back for the reindeer quilt.
Done!  And I managed to make it using fabrics I already had on hand - win/win!


3.  Make a back for Emmalyn's annual quilt.
Done - and not only Emmalyn's quilt, but Nathanael's too!  His is the one on the far left, and hers is the next one over.  The tops are hiding underneath the backs, because the kids play in this room when they are at my house.  And aren't my "to-be-quilted" racks great?


4.  Assemble the dinosaur quilt top.
5.  Choose an additional fabric to make borders to bring the dinosaur quilt to a more usable size.
Done!  I added the plaid border to make it a full lap size quilt, and I love how it makes all the colors just pop!


6.  Make a back for the Harry Potter quilt.
Done!  This was a tricky one, because I didn't have nearly enough of the Hufflepuff fabric to make the back, but with some serious quilt math and some extra black fabric, it all worked out!



7.  Decorate the front porch for Halloween.
Done!  I'm happy to bring the Life Was Good Dude out of retirement for my new front porch!


8.  Deliver the donations to church.
Done!  No picture, but it was a big load of great stuff that had accumulated at my house over the summer.  Hopefully we'll be able to start meeting together again soon....

9.  Organize house documents for the new owners.
Done!  Everything is in labeled file folders, and I know exactly which companies I have to contact to transfer lifetime warranties to the new owners!


And I worked so hard and fast, I got all of that done by Thursday!  So nice to have my motivation mojo back.  And I even sorted out my scrap basket of shame before Thursday!


And once all that was sorted and stashed away in the appropriate color drawers, I found that I had a lovely, clean, organized work space for a change!

So with my extra time, I decided to start on one of the prototype quilts for the String Therapy tutorial series!  I pulled out my warm tone bright strings, trimmed them into 1.5" widths.......


...cut them into varying lengths, no longer than 22"...


...and after sewing the strips together, this is what I've got started on my design wall!  I'm having fun with this one, and can't wait to see how it ends up!


OK, so that was last week.  And a good time was had by all!  This week will inevitably not be as productive, because come Wednesday I will be working as a registrar for early voting.  But I do have a few things on my plate that I'd like to get done...

1.  Keep working on the strings project.

2.  Finish repairs on the old house.

3.  Plan and execute meals for while I'm working.

4.  Find a hand project to take with me for quiet times at early voting.

Not much of a list, but not much time to play this week.  It's ok, though - I feel like it's really important to make it as easy as possible for people to vote this year, and if working the polls can help even one person, it's worth it! I hope you've made a plan to vote this year - maybe you have even already voted.  Encourage those around you to vote, and maybe take someone to the polls!  Voting is your right, your privilege, and your responsibility.  Cherish it!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you've been very busy and productive! All your projects are pretty, and I love your sewing room! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prototype of the star, I'm looking forward to the next series. The 'special' project quilt is beautiful, I love the soft colors, so relaxing. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you sure did get your mojo back! Good for you :-) I'm starting on a Halloween project...a little late but better late than never, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DID get a lot done last week. Glad you are working the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dinosaur quilt...border is perfect! We voted last week; trusting the post office with our ballots. This week I'll be working on cutting and piecing our December graduate's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week in review! The neat sewing room calls for some work to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dinosaur quilt looks so great. A perfect guy quilt. You are right, that border makes everything in the center pop.
    Your front porch decor is really fun! So many ways to play with a skeleton for the Fall season.
    The strings quilt look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got our ballets in and confirmed they were headed the right direction :-) Yay! Still now sewing :-0 but I've been learning to cook and Saturday we get to welcome a new golden to the family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you want something done, give it to a busy person. Great job this past week. And how nice you are to prepare folders and information for the new owners. When we bought our house, the previous owner took the light bulbs and toilet paper, left a hole in the wall, trash in the basement and didn't pay the final water bill. Hope the early voting assignment goes well. Thank you for being willing to serve. So important that everyone vote this year.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's really funny that you can hide the kids' quilts in plain sight like that. Grandma has soooo many quilts going on that they'll never suspect. Bwa ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Sarah that is an amazing list of accomplishments! Love the dinosaurs! And the hanging racks are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic finish on those quilts! And I love the colors on the new string quilt. Reminds me of Rainbow Sherbet! A favorite of mine! Looking forward to the tutorial on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I caught a glance of the bowl of strips I thought it was fruit salad! Great quilt name huh?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!