Good morning from the mountains of North Carolina!
Unfortunately, I'm posting this on Tuesday because internet service here was spotty at best (and non-existent at worst) last night, so no blogpost for me! But it's good this morning - at least so far - so I'm going to write quickly to get this posted!!
So let's see how last week's list went...
1. Tack down the blocks on the memory quilt.
Done! I can't show any pics because this one is a gift for someone, but trust me, I finished it! It's gone and delivered. I'll blog about it in September sometime.
2. Make a flyer for the quilt show.
Done! I had fun making this, and it's been delivered to the local bank that sponsors the show for printing.
3. Finalize a design for the quilt show racks.
I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to get some hardware to do it with!
4. Come up with a design for a future (secret for now) project!
Done! Here's a sneak peek...more to come on September 18th!
5. Work on Nathanael's stocking.
Done! Little by little, it's getting there. Two long car trips in one week really help move it along, although I had to pick out a big section because I miscounted. And get this - I miscounted sitting on my sofa at home, not while riding in a car! Go figure!
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We gave away two quilts this week...
This one went to a woman who just had surgery for breast cancer...
And this one went to a young woman with serious kidney disease.
And now for this week's list. It will be much shorter, because we are traveling to visit family so not much time for sewing! But I did bring a sewing machine with me for the days my husband is in meetings.... ;-)
1. Piece a quilt top to be part of a "What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday" coming up in September.
2. Write up the pattern for the September 18th "secret for now" project.
3. Work on Nathanael's stocking.
4. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
I don't think there's anything else I can do while traveling, but that should keep me from going nuts, at least! And speaking of traveling, I saw this great picture on Facebook last week and think it's a fabulous idea! Don't you?
My husband seems a little hesitant about putting one in the front of his car.....
Just a reminder, too - I'm having a One Million Page Views giveaway this week! Entries close Thursday at noon, so there's still time to enter. Click on this link to go to the blogpost for entries!!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?