Wednesday, May 1, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... April Results and May Goals!

Hi, all!

Did April just fly by, or is that my imagination?  It can't possibly have been a month already - but the calendar tells me it's so.

At the beginning of the month, I set a goal of using my double wedding ring templates to make something.  I did a little bit with those templates, creating this...


...which I will finish and use as a table runner.  I discovered that sewing curves isn't hard, but it does take patience because it's a slower process than I'm used to.  I'm not really seeing a whole wedding ring quilt in my future, but it was a good experience!  

I also quilted a whole lot of scrappy quilts for church...


...and made one of my own, using up some orphan blocks from a project I started, but lost the love for.  I figured this was a better result than putting them in the orphan block box or as a UFO stored away to find later and avoid once again!


In May, I'd like to quilt the table runner and this quilt too, so they are finished projects instead of semi-UFOs.  I think I'll also try to sort through another of the big tubs of scraps - although I'm not going to worry too much if I don't get to this one, as May is so busy  with Hands2Help coming to an end at the end of the month.  

What have you been doing with your scraps this month?  We'd all love to see - so link up below and show us!

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. This will be a lovely table runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that april whizzed by...still chugging along with civil war diary blocks...made my may goal list last night...another busy month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful projects to work on at the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! April did whiz by! Wow! Your wedding ring table topper is lovely. I love how your tired something out and stuck with it! Congratulations! I have been working on my "Lost in the Crowd" quilt inspired by Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts. It's a fun little mindless sewing project, leader ender and scrap buster! :) Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!