Saturday, May 11, 2019

Hands2Help 2019 - More Quilts by Non-Bloggers!

Hi, all!

We are getting so close to the end of this year's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge - where has the time gone???  Today I want to share pictures of quilts that some of our non-blogging participants have sent in since the last check-in.  It makes my heart happy to see so many new people involved in the Challenge this year!  So without further ado, let's turn the blog over to the non-bloggers!


*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Ann D. made this pretty quilt to send to Victoria Quilts in Canada.

The next nine quilts were made by Becky M. Two will be sent to the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project, four to local charities in her state, and three others to other H2H charities.










Carol K. made these two sweet quilts for Jack's Basket.


Ceara N. also made a quilt for Jack's Basket!


Duffy M. has been sewing for Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo and created these two beauties...



Jack's Basket is going to love receiving this quilt from Jeanine C....


Joan D. has been busy playing in her scraps with these three sweet quilts for Jack's Basket.




Juanita H. chose Victoria Quilts as her charity this year, and has made nine quilt tops for them...










Nikki M. has been sewing for Jack's Basket...



And so has Pat K.!  Pat said that when her local rescue squad saw these, they asked if she could make some for them to give out too - and she's made six for them already!  Way to step up and meet a need, Pat!!!



Rebecca B. is very late coming to the Challenge, but has a quilt for this check-in date, going to the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project...


Suzanne has been busily sewing, with two for Jack's Basket...


...and two for Mercyful Quilts!



And last but certainly not least, Wendy I. has made this quilt for the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project...


...and this sweet quilt for Jack's Basket!



Great work, ladies!!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

As I see all these cute quilts for Jack's Basket, I'm reminded of blocks in my orphan block box that might make up into really cute and quick quilts, and the small size requested (36" square) means it wouldn't take many to make up a nice quilt in a hurry!  Maybe you too could clear out some clutter from your sewing room (you know, those blocks that scream, "Why haven't you FINISHED me???") and bring comfort to someone.  Just sayin'!

OK - we have one more guest blogger tomorrow, and then it's time for our final link-up party!!!  Already I know of 219 quilts that have been made or are in the process of being made for the Challenge - what will the final number be?  Who knows - but it means that lots of folks will be feeling the love this year thanks to you all!

See you tomorrow!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS I've sent out an email to all the participants about the last few days of the Challenge and what to expect.  If you didn't get it, please check your spam folder - it may be there!

9 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at all the beautiful quilts posted here! I can't wait to see more at the final link-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One beautiful quilt after another - awesome! I'm still in the clearing out fabric basket mode - and I see some more quick and pretty quilts in my future with these patterns shown :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so lovely! It is heartwarming to see so many participating each year. I'm inspired by the coins quilt. I still have some bars to use up and that's the perfect way to use them. Thank you again, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! All wonderful quilts, and will be appreciated by all the charities. Thanks, Sarah, for all your hard work and the virtual quilt show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cheers for the non-bloggers!!! Those are wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely pieces!! Ann D is a member of my online guild :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made two tops for Jack's Basket last weekend at retreat, am sewing down the binding on one and will quilt and the bind the other one today on this rainy Mother's Day. I'm amazed at how many quilts some people are able to produce. M y plan is to unearth some finished tops and get the ready for next year starting right now. Thanks for all you do in promoting H2H.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sarah, I'm blown away by all the quilts here! Each and every one is so beautiful and will bring so much comfort to those in need <3 I've also got a box full of 'orphan blocks' that I need to pull out and see if I can whip something up real quick to add to my contribution for Jack's Basket!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!