Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hands2Help - Meet Guest Blogger Karrie!!

Hi, all!

Four years ago, I was a newbie quilter and blogger, learning as I went.  Somehow I stumbled across a post on Freckled Whimsy, a blog written by Karrie Lyne, entitled Tidbit Tuesday #4.  In that post, she explained how to correctly use a seam ripper, and my world was changed forever!  Now I had been sewing for 40 years, and I can't tell you how many times I have torn fabric by using my seam ripper incorrectly - but now I had the magic key in my hand! From that moment, I was a devoted follower of Karrie's blog, and came to know her well when I joined in an on-line quilting bee she started.  She's an amazing quilt designer, with many of her designs on the Moda Bake Shop, and more available on Craftsy now that she has branched out into her own line of patterns.  

And I'm very very happy to welcome her here today as one of our Hands2Help guest bloggers!  She's come up with a new quilt design just for us - how exciting! I know you'll love it.  So without further ado, here's Karrie!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Hello my friends of Sarah!! I am so excited to be here today.  I've "known" Sarah for quite some time and she is a true gem and definitely an inspiration!! In times when I think about getting a project done and not having enough time, I think of Sarah and all she accomplishes.  Then I put on my "shut up and just do it" hat and get busy.  More times than not, I finish what I didn't think I could.  

Thank you Sarah! I appreciate you for so many reasons!!! You have a such a tender heart that is filled with love and compassion.  I heart you! 

Sarah was kind enough to invite me to do a guest post to help spread the word on Hands2Help and of course I immediately said yes! 

I wanted to come up with a design that was eye catching but also easy and quick to put together! The easier and faster they go, the more we can make for charities, right?! 

From the starting gate I had this great idea in my head.  Then I changed it about 10 times..hahaha! Let me introduce to you.... Bountiful! 


This quilt measures 40" x 40" so it's perfect for a baby quilt or if you need a quilt to keep your knees warm. ;)  Need a bigger quilt? No problem.  Make 4 of these and you will have a quilt that measures 80" x 80".  I didn't make the larger version but here is a mock up. 



I've put together a step by step PDF and have put it on Craftsy.  If you'd like this pattern, it is FREE and can be found if you click HERE

If you'd like to know a little bit more about me, come on and visit me at www.FreckledWhimsy.com. I'd love for you to have a look around.  And if you make this quilt, or any of my designs, please email me!! I'd love to see them.  

Thanks for stopping by!! It was great to meet you all!! Sarah... thank you for including me!!! Mwuah!!

Much Love!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now I have yet another quilt on the bucket list!  I love this one, though, and I have a baby quilt to make, so it may move up the list pretty quickly!  Thank you so much, Karrie, for sharing with us today.

Next week is our final check-in date before the Challenge ends on June 2nd! Be sure to hop in and share your progress (or lack thereof - that would be me!)  

Hugs and Happy Quilting!

Sarah


7 comments:

  1. This quilt is awesome. Thanks Karrie for designing it and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye 2 heart U, Sarah. Thanks for bringing in Karrie and her lovely quilt. My granddaughter quilt is the same pattern only wonky.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karrie..... Love it! Janita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Sarah, I am mailing a box of infant quilts off to Quilts of Compassion this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!