Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hands2Help - Meet Guest Blogger Carol!

Hi, all!

Today I'm pleased to welcome Carol from Fun Threads Designs as our guest blogger!  This is her second stint as a guest blogger for the H2H Challenge, and I'm so glad she agreed to do a repeat performance.  I hope you were able to take advantage of the free patterns she generously offered over the past few weeks - but if you missed them, she's got another one for you today!  

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I'm so excited to be back again this year as a guest blogger. Making a quilt for charity is such a wonderful gift to share.

Our guild has a committee called the Bright Hopes Committee. This committee donates quilts to the local children's shelter. We provide a variety of ways for everyone to help. We have quilt kits to be tied, pre-cut top kits to be assembled, puzzle bag scrap kits to make tops, and tote kits.

The puzzle bags are my favorite. You never know what you'll get. These are bags of random donated scraps. You have to add a little something from your stash and a bit of "thinking outside the box" to create a quilt for a child. Sometimes the fabrics go together but sometimes it's a stretch to make them work. AHHH! Did that get your attention or did you run screaming?

Here are two of my favorite before and after photos. REMEMBER there are no rules or quilting police just lots of fun with scraps.


Lots of run leftover bits. Added black and blue borders from my stash.



A wrinkled wad of strips. Added brown borders and appliques from my stash.




For some reason the Hands 2 Help Challenge always makes me think of two things...rainbows and my scrappy bins. Rainbows make such happy quilts and thinning out those scraps for a good purpose makes me happy. Yes, I'm one of THOSE folks that keeps my bitty scraps folded and organized by color.




Do you have scrap bins that are bursting at the seams too? I think my scraps divide and multiply by themselves like the broom in the Sorcerer's Apprentice by Barbara Hazen. Hahahaha.

I hope you were able to grab and enjoy some of the free patterns that I offered each week on my blog.  Here's one more scrappy rainbow themed pattern for you. I hope it inspires you to create a quilt for charity.


Scrappy Rainbow Hearts
Finishes 52" x 52"


Go dust off those scrappy bins and just have some fun!!!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Thanks again, Carol!  Another really great pattern that is sure to bring a smile to someone's face.  Be sure to check out her blog - she's always got lots of eye candy and inspiration!

And be sure to come back next week when the fabulous Karrie Lyne of Freckled Whimsy will be our guest blogger!  I can't wait to see what she's come up with for us!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - In case you missed it, there's a giveaway going on here at Confessions Of A Fabric Addict!  It ends this coming Thursday, so there's still time to enter.  Just click here to go to the entry post!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah for inviting Carol.... love the rainbow hearts!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scraps I have, This pattern is a perfect idea. It may just got to the top of my "To Do" list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!