Friday, March 1, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?

Hi, all!

It's Friday!!  I hope you've had a good week - we actually had some SUNSHINE, and beautiful warm days!  So it's been a good week for me.  Of course, it's supposed to be back in the thirties next week, and they've said the "S" word, but hey, it was 73 and sunny yesterday, so that will keep me going for a while!  

Friday means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on, and I hope you're ready!  I know I am - with a "squirrel" project - so let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

A few weeks ago, Christina Cameli of A Few Scraps asked for block pattern testers for a new quilt pattern...


PS It's also the cover of her new book, coming out in April!

...and I threw my hand in the air like... well, you know.  It's so much fun to test patterns!  And Thursday morning I had an email from Christina with four block patterns to test.  I needed a project for my Friday post anyway, so I decided to see whether it would be possible to make these into something for Friday.


This pretty fat eighth bundle was in my QuiltCon swag bag, so I thought I'd use them for these blocks.  I did some quick graphing out and found that there would be just enough fabric, so I started cutting it up!  These are beautiful fabrics, by the way - they remind me of a man's oxford shirt, but with a gorgeous hand and nice colors.


A couple of hours of sewing (ok, and a little seam ripping and some trimming where I cut some pieces too large) and I had these four rectangular blocks.  I threw them up on the design wall, trying to figure out how to make them into a pillow cover, then left to take my daughter to lunch for her birthday.  My baby is 35!  How is that even possible?

When I got back home, I gathered up the remaining scraps from my fat eighth bundle and found that I had just enough to cut four 3.5" squares to make a four-patch block for the center.  A little assembly, a lot of marking, some straight-line quilting, and I had a piece ready to make into a pillow cover!


Didn't t turn out nice?  Christina's blocks measured 6.5." x 12.5", and they made up into a nice 18" square pillow cover!


I had a lot of fun with the quilting, choosing to embrace the diagonal lines that were in most of the blocks.  Thanks, Christina, for trusting me with your fun blocks and giving me permission to share today!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Those quilting lines are just the right finish for the blocks, and the border? piping? Perfect to frame those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man what we wouldn't give for some sunshine! This winter is still going and more snow tomorrow! Thanks for hosting - off to peruse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt patter by Christina!!! It looks like It's a Small Small World. Fun that you got to test sew for her. Great quilting. Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow if fabulous on that grey chair. Love the quilting also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great pattern and lovely pillow!! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pillow! And those fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on the blocks and turning it into a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, what?! HOW fast did you finish this pillow??? It turned great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly can have a Whoop Whoop! That pillow is gorgeous! I love the quilting, it's not disturbing the blocks but it gives them a direction, kind of. I just love it! Congratulations on this quick finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pillow! And you quilted it all in "Cameli style"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, gosh, I love the quilting on your pillow! It's perfect for the bold colors and strong geometric diagonals. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your pillow, Sarah!That is really nice fabric! And the block patterns are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous pillow! You do some awesome work, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this block as a cushion! I am joining the link party for the first time today, seem to have messed up the thumbnail, but oh well. Love all the variety linked up here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pretty fat eighth Find 10 Minute Oil Change Near You

    bundle was in my QuiltCon swag bag, so I thought I'd use them for these blocks. I did some quick graphing out and found .

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!