It's Monday again - and oh, what a Monday! More on that later, though. I hope everyone is staying warm and dry - we've got a wicked cold front that moved in, so it was a good day to stay inside today, but it's only cold for us. I've seen some really bad snow on the east coast, and of course the Alabama tornadoes. Good reasons to make quilts!
Let's see how last week's list went...
1. Quilt the t-shirt quilt.
Done! I'm happy with the results...
2. Quilt a top for a friend.
Monday happened to this one! I got off to a good start on this quilt that I was quilting in two thread colors, purple and white...
...then when I rolled it up...
Ack!! I had rethreaded the machine incorrectly, failing to get the thread between the tension disks. Stupid!
So I spent a couple of hours ripping out stitching. After that, I needed some mindless sewing, so I worked on this instead.
3. Bind a quilt ministry quilt.
Done! No pic, though.
4. Write the final Rockin' Rectangles tutorial.
Done! As you can see it's for the quilt I've been using as mindless sewing today - super easy and a great scrap buster!
5. Contact a few potential new sponsors for Hands2Help.
Done! I've already heard back from a couple of them - woohoo!
6. Work on a special scrap project.
Done! You can find the tutorial for this block on last Wednesday's post...
7. Go all "Marie Kondo" in my closet.
I didn't think I'd get to this, but after this morning's debacle, it seemed like a good thing to do. I weeded out a huge bag full of shirts, sweaters and dresses I haven't worn in a long time - that no longer "bring me joy"!
8. Sleepover with the grandkids Friday night!
Done! We had a great time - it's always fun to wake up to grandkids...
And we went to the zoo, even though it was a pretty chilly day. We had a ball!
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! This quilt went to a young woman just diagnosed with cancer...
...and this quilt went to a gentleman dealing with serious health issues.
This quilt went to a woman who has been with multiple sclerosis for many years, and is now confined to a wheelchair.
A busy week that didn't end exactly how I hoped it would! Oh well, there's always tomorrow - and now that I know what happened, I can make sure it doesn't happen again. It's ok to make stupid mistakes if you learn from them, right? Here's what's on tap for the rest of this week...
1. Finish quilting the customer quilt (without mistakes this time!)
2. Keep working on the vintage quilt repair job.
3. Start preparing next week's blog posts for Hands2Help.
4. Keep working on the mindless sewing project.
5. Bind four ministry quilts.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
I'm keeping it short because I am beginning to feel a real need to work on some things that aren't "must do's" - like ministry quilts and customer quilts and other things that have to be done. I need to play! The mindless sewing quilt has been a godsend - no thought, just sewing. I guess that quilt's named itself - Mindless! So I guess the unwritten entry on my list would be PLAY!
And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?