Monday, April 3, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Is It Spring Yet?


 Hi, all!

Ooh, I have been a bad, bad blogger!  I just realized I haven't done a Monday post since March 13th..... oops!  Time really flies when you're busy/having fun/avoiding doing taxes.  But I took care of one of those problems today - I did my taxes!  So now I can do whatever I want and not feel guilty.  Hooray!

First, though, let's look at that long overdue to-do list from March 13th...

1.  Prep work for H2H 2023.

Done!  We now have guest bloggers for the next eight weeks!  Many thanks to those of you who stepped up - you really make my task so much easier!

2.  Borders and backs for ministry quilts.

It seems like this is an ongoing, never-ending task, but I did a bunch of them and still have more to work on.

3.  Then, maybe, more fabric organizing!

I'm still working on cleaning up the oddball pieces - those that need more attention than just cutting straight strips.

4.  Handwork for vacation.

I got my handwork all prepped, and I am proud to say that thanks to long car rides, I have a finished top!!

And I even got in a little sashiko stitching, too!

We had a great time on vacation, even though it got cut short by a death in my son-in-law's family that we had to return home early for.  The view off our back deck was amazing...

...and we spent many hours out there watching the changing view over the bay.  There were times when a mist would roll in and we wouldn't be able to see much at all, then the skies would clear and the sun would shine.  The temps weren't bad at all, and the wind mostly hit the front (Gulf) side of the house, so we had a lovely sheltered spot to enjoy!


And the kids had a blast with the air hockey table, too!  I'm sorry I didn't manage to get Nathanael in this picture - they all three played at this for hours, when they weren't off fishing with Papa or looking for hermit crabs on the beach.


And the remaining member of our family (the one who had to stay behind) was SO glad to see us when we got home!  I tried to snap this picture quicker - Bree literally launched herself at Bill and planted a foot on each side of his neck and HUGGED him!

So we finished out our vacation as a stay-cation, which was ok - it was restful and we even got to see a movie!  But now it's time to get back to work.  As I said, I did the taxes this morning, which is a huge weight off my shoulders.  I don't know why I always leave it so long - it's not really that hard, I just hate to do them!  So now that those are done, I can work without guilt.  Let's see just what I might do this week!

1.  Keep working on ministry quilts.

2.  Quilt a customer quilt.

3.  Work on clearing out a planter in the yard. (It's spring, y'all!)

4.  Keep plugging through the last of the fabric organizing.

5.  Make the back for the hexie quilt.

I'm going to stop there so I can get down to it!  I'm looking forward to this week - how about you?

So now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got lots done and had some fun! So glad you are blogging and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my taxes done, too. I also haven't been blogging. If I'd take some photos, I could blog about what I've been doing, but I haven't had time to take photos (another trip is coming up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pesky taxes! Glad you enjoyed your time-looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!