Monday, April 24, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Oops!

 

Hi, all!

Well shut my mouth if I didn't JUST discover that I failed to write a post last Monday!  My husband reminded me that we were attending the grand opening of his company's new work space, so I had a valid reason, but I can't believe I didn't remember and write one on Tuesday!  Oh well - looks like I got a little while longer to work on that to-do list!  Let's see how it went...

1.  Finish up the cleaned out planter (while the sunshine is with us)!

It's done!  I added a sweet little Japanese maple tree, some butterfly bush starts, and some day lilies that a neighbor was clearing out of her yard (lucky me!)  Now if the weather will just warm up and stay warm - I had to cover up the plants last night, as we had a frost warning!

2.  Quilt the customer quilt.

Done!  I'll be delivering it this Wednesday, and I'll see if I can share any other pictures on here.

3.  Quilt ministry quilts.

In the last two weeks, I quilted several (we'll let this one stand in for all the ones I forgot to photograph!)...

...and I put borders on several small quilt tops, like these two!

4.  Keep working on the fabric re-organization.

I've been slowly plugging away at this, trying to clear off the stack of "weird" folded fabrics that I had stashed - that had large chunks cut out, or were leftover from the end of a quilt back, etc. 

And I've also started on a baby quilt for a friend...

I think this is going to turn out nicely - I've fussy cut some of the motifs from the large-print Far Far Away II fat quarters, and chopped the rest up into 2.5" squares.  I also threw in some vintage linen in two different shades of natural.  I'll be sewing this together this week!

And here's what I'll be working on this week....

1.  Assemble the baby quilt.

2.  Mail out giveaway goodies from Sunday's giveaway!

3.  Pull weeds in the front flower beds.

4.  Work on a design for another baby quilt.

5.  Keep working on the fabric organization.

I feel like I should have something else on that list, but I can't think what right at the moment.  No worries - if I remember, I'll just do it and tell you about it next week!

And how about the cutest picture of the week?


The other day, while I was busy sewing, Bree decided the very. best. place. for her was directly under my sewing table, between my feet.  She's a silly mess, but she's definitely getting good at giving me time to sew.  Hallelujah!

And now, I really need to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Nice to catch up on your finished and to-do lists! Very sweet Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are forgiven for not writing a post now and then you are so busy with all your quilting ministry quilts - today I am working a list of what to take with me for two nights to Paducah and cleaning the house clumping along in a walking boot - at least it is raining so I have no plans for outside stuff today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just loose track. Finished up my quilt for Sunday's post and will be blogging after I finish this note! Bree is growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, Could you please post the mailing address for this years H2H charities? Have some boxed and ready to go! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!