Monday, April 10, 2023

Make-A-List Monday - Distractions!

Hi, all!

It's Monday, it's spring, and I have been so distracted!! Actually, last week was pretty loaded up with outside appointments and other various emergencies (nothing major!) and I didn't get a lot done on my list.  The rainy weather would have been good for sewing, but alas, I spent a lot of my days last week running around.  

So let's take a look at that list...

1.  Keep working on ministry quilts.
I got this one quilted and have two more ready to go on the frame.


2.  Quilt a customer quilt.
I didn't get to this one yet.

3.  Work on clearing out a planter in the yard. (It's spring, y'all!)
I did work on this yesterday and today - some of the first warm sunny days we've had in a week!  The planter is cleaned out and ready for new mulch and maybe a plant or two.  This flowerbed also holds my bird feeders, so I usually like to put in plants that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  Unfortunately, my butterfly bushes didn't survive the winter this year!  So I'll be looking for replacements...


It sure felt good to get rid of two big bags of weeds and dead bush, though!  This poor flower bed was neglected last year when I was sick, so it's long past due for a clean-out!


4.  Keep plugging through the last of the fabric organizing.
I'm still working on this, but it's getting better!

5.  Make the back for the hexie quilt.
I found a huge piece of linen I had left over from a Pottery Barn duvet I picked up on a great sale.  It's easily big enough for the back, but I haven't had a chance to do any spray basting because I have a table loaded up with fabric that needs cutting in the middle of the floor!


Oh, and I did make a poundcake!  I've been trying to replicate my grandmother's pound cake recipe for years - a tough task because she used 4X powdered sugar in hers, and I can't find it anywhere!  I used 6X powdered sugar for this one (found it on Amazon) and it's close - now I just need to work on fine tuning it.  But my family wasn't complaining!

And here's my list for this week....

1.  Finish up the cleaned out planter (while the sunshine is with us)!

2.  Quilt the customer quilt.

3.  Quilt ministry quilts.

4.  Keep working on the fabric re-organization.

I guess it's a case of "second verse, same as the first"!  But whatever works, right?  I'm going to have to work on the work/reward system - do something I have to do, then allow myself to do something I want to do.  It's what got me through the weeding and clearing out today!  So tomorrow morning I will treat myself with a trip to the local plant nursery, then it will be back to work again!

And now, I really want to know - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I guess my first thing to do is sign up again for Hands 2 Help. Apparently I must have been anonymous when I signed up because I haven’t gotten a confirmation. After that I think I’ll make some off those baby quilt designs Amy shared. That cake looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the pound cake looks beautiful! (you just need some strawberries and whipped cream! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful week, beautiful sunshine, warm, couldn't ask for more- I was in Franklin on Wed for that beautiful day! You did well, especially with distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gladys Taber (one of my favorite authors) wrote, "Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off." Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never known that powdered sugar came in grinding degrees. I had to look that up. The pound cake looked great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!