Friday, January 18, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? One Less Thing on the Bucket List..


Hi, all!

It's that time again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  I sure am!!  Come see what I did this week!

^&^&^&^&^&^&^

When a friend contacted me about making a baby quilt for her to give as a gift, I sent her some pictures of designs I could make within her budget.  And I'm so happy that she chose one that's been on my bucket list for a while...


I was having a little trouble getting pictures outside....


.... but here's a few more shots of this pretty quilt!



The background is a grey and pink daisy on white, and the border and binding are some of my long-hoarded Kate Spain prints in purple, blue and grey.  I love this quilt!  It was really pretty easy to make, just time-consuming to stitch down the letters.  The quilting is a fairly tight loopy meander, because I wanted to give it lots of texture. 

So that's my whoop for this week!  

^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

Now it's your turn!  

What are you whooping about this week?

Share - we want to cheer you on!!

Remember, it doesn't have to be a finish -

It could just be a work in progress!

The linky will remain open until Sunday midnight - 

Be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah



20 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute pattern!! Nice to know you're a fellow Kate Spain hoarder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really had some serious challenges trying to take that photo - cute quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 that ! simple but elegant! whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop! What a pretty baby quilt. Great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Sarah, I obviously had a linky problem! I thought it wasn't taking my info and did it too many times!! I don't see an X to delete my multiple entries.... help!! I really only wanted to enter it once! :)
    thanks, Susie
    thanks, Susie
    thanks, Susie
    thanks, Susie
    (just kidding now)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your baby quilt! It's brilliant - something I'm going to have to make at some point too :) One to put in pinterest so I don't forget where I found it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet baby quilt! I bet it'll be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt so much. It's perfect for a little one and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah! Terrific work ... and such fun! Love it!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. That IS a pretty one! Love how it's blowing in the wind there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the letters and wording!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so simple, yet so stunning - have to keep this pattern in mind. So many lovelies linked up - just drooling from all the eye-candy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see the letters being cumbersome,but look how beautiful it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome finish Sarah! Love the shots of it blowing in the wind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!