Friday, January 8, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Nice Neat Workspace!!

Hi, all!

It's finally Friday - and you know what that means!  It's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  I am!  So let's get started....


*&*&*&*&*&*&*

With the coming of the new year, I always get the urge to clean and organize my sewing studio.  For the past several years, I haven't been able to do that, so it just kept getting worse and worse - but this year I did!  And since I finished it earlier this week, I'm really doing some happy dancing on that nice clean floor.....

So now I'll take you on a virtual tour of my nice clean sewing studio...


As you come into the studio, to the right is a bookcase my husband installed that holds my antique sewing machines and quilting magazines.

 

My sewing table, made of a hollow-core door stretched across two stock cabinets from Home Depot, has a cutting board on one side and my sewing machine on the other.  There's seating on each side, too!  Great for when Lilli wants to sew with me...  The storage tubs on the shelf at the end hold pieces cut to standard sizes.


This is the space behind my sewing machine chair.  The top of the bookcases has been converted into an ironing station.  The tubs below contain UFOs, kits, patterns, and groups of fabric that go together.   I will be turning those fabric groupings into kits soon.  
 
 

Here's the space under the cutting table.  You can see the templates hanging on the back of the closet door.  Very convenient and easy to reach when needed!


And here's my fabric wall!  Cubicles storage shelves are a perfect fit for two stacks of fabric folded around a 5" ruler.  

And now for the last side of the room - in and around Jolene, my long arm Artistic 26 quilter...


 

Here you can see the tubs of scraps neatly organized by color underneath the front side...


...and the IKEA storage shelves tucked under the back side.  


This is on the entrance wall, to the left as you walk in the door.  It holds extra storage pieces, my long arm supplies, and extra pieces of batting.  The storage bins at the back hold my Glide thread, all my precuts, and some quilt kits.


Here's a little better shot so you can see the storage unit better.


Behind the door, there is a shoe storage piece that holds my serger spools, sorted by color, and my quilting apron.


Behind the door is also a great place to hide an ironing board and a bolt of batting!


On the far wall, behind Jolene's frame, is this shelf, which holds some pieces that I have made.  It's a pretty colorful spot and makes me happy to see!


And then there's my inspiration wall behind the quilt frame!  I've got a whiteboard on this wall with a calendar.  I can list any projects with deadlines on it for easy viewing.  This is also a great space to hang up inspirational sayings and things I love!

Now that it's all cleaned up, it's so pleasant to create in here!  It was a lot of work, but so worth it.  

Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you...

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until midnight Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

32 comments:

  1. Oh that space look's nice, Sarah! I'm doing mine little by little. This week I went through a box of magazine clippings and threw away 90% of them. Phew - box out of the room and more room to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so nice. I love all of the storage options you have.Some of it is quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how long do you think it will stay tidy? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks amazing. I'd want to just sit in there and admire it for awhile, probably patting myself on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing space looks great! You make me want to clean up my sewing room! Have a great weekend an thanks for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is always nice to get organized isn't it - easy to work I think

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cheerful space, and so well organized. I'm working on convincing hubby that the guest room should be my sewing space, but it's no where near that spacious. Enjoy your fresh space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks nice. I love a clean sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are welcome to visit me any time with your organizing mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve a big Whoop Whoop for how well organized your space is! Enjoy it -

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, you can have a big WHOOP! WHOOP! I love the organization and neatness. We do have a lot of stuff don't we. I like the size of the tubs that are cut to standard sizes. I may need to re-evaluate how I store those. I have plastic drawer unit for various size strips. I'm reconsidering how I store the squares and triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A clean and organized space just feels amazing, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply awesome! What a great job creating such a sweet space to create!
    got a question... what is Glide thread like? Do you use it top and bobbin?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drool. What a wonderful sewing room. Is your sewing machine on a desk height table or one much taller?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sewing room looks great, now it's time to sew, and mess it up. I organized and cleaned mine yesterday. Now to go stitch in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very jealous of your clean and organized space. Hoping to be making a dent in my creative clutter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, can you still use donated fabric for quilts? I think I still have your address someplace and I have a lot I could send.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice job - looks fantastic. I like the over the door shoe bag for the cone thread storage. I have mine in a drawer, but like this idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicely done! I love an organized space and yours is both inviting and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love a good clean craft room. Mine is full of clean laundry right now so I have some work to do between I can start making a mess again! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure it was a big job to get done but it really looks great and I know you will be able to get a lot more accomplished being able to find things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great Sarah! Such a fun space to create in.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here's a High Five for you in completing this clean-up project. I always feel more creative when my space is organized. When I'm in the middle of a project, things get tossed and flung in every which direction. Not pretty. Enjoy your neatness while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That is one organized work space! How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You bet you get a whoop-whoop! It's such an inviting space, Sarah. Thanks for the photo tour of where all the creative magic happens!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great way to use every nook and cranny. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoop Whoop! Thanks for the virtual tour. 'Tis a lovely room! I'll be writing a similar post soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You do get a Whoop Whoop!!! Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!