Monday, January 11, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - And It All Begins Again!

Hi, all!

New year, new start - I love this time of year!  It's like having a clean slate.  I put up a new list of quilts in progress on my whiteboard today and I'm looking forward to working my way through the list in a hurry!  Because there are lots more quilts to make this year...

But let's keep priorities straight!  First of all, let's look at last week's list and see how it went.

1.  Clean and re-organize the fabric wall.
Done!  I decided the fabric itself wasn't in bad shape, so I left it as is, but I did re-organize most of the bottom part of the bookshelf.


2.  Get all of this stuff back in its place in the sewing studio and out of my husband's office!
Done!  But you'll have to take my word for it - I didn't take a picture!

3.  Take on Nana duties all day Wednesday while Nathanael is having his second cochlear implant surgery.  The other grandkids need to be ferried back and forth from school, so I'll be spending the day at my daughter's house!
Done!  Nathanael's surgery went very well - he actually went back to school on Friday!  He's happy and active and doesn't seem to be feeling any pain.  

4.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week...


This quilt went to a woman whose husband was killed in a small plane crash last week.


This quilt is for a 4-year old girl who had brain surgery for a tumor last week.


This quilt is going to the sister of one of our ministry members, who had a stroke in December.  She's getting better, but it's a slow process.  



This quilt went to a woman who is dealing with a rare disease, which has caused many health problems. She is currently undergoing dialysis twice a week.


And this quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer.

So all in all, not a bad week!  Lots accomplished, and after the cleaning week, I'm ready to get back to sewing and quilting!  Let's see what's on tap for this week...

1.  Make a back for the Ombre Circles quilt.

2.  Prepare the Ombre Circles quilt for domestic machine quilting.

3.  Quilt two more men's twin size tops for the Compassionate Hands ministry.

4.  Start organizing for Hands2Help 2016!

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up!

That's it for this week, because my husband and I will be taking a long weekend trip to a bed and breakfast in Gatlinburg, TN!  I think I can get all of this done, though.  I'm certainly going to try!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love a fresh start :-)
    I've tidied up my scraps and leftovers and am halfway through a quilt for my brother. I also started a rug following along with Mary from Country Threads...this may take awhile!
    Have fun at your B&B excursion!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!