Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday - Almost a Full Rainbow!

Hi, all!

It's Wednesday, and time to check out the bookshelf again!  I was blessed to get some new books for Christmas, and one of them was a book I had been waiting anxiously for - the continuation of a great series of books!


With the acquisition of Blue, my collection is almost complete!  The fifth in the series of six, Blue lives up to the high standards set in Vanessa Christenson's previous books...


There is a section that explains color theory - the difference between hues, tints, shades, tones, values, and saturation... 


...and then a section that shows how to use the color wheel to create beautiful color combinations!

But then you come to my favorite part of the books - The Projects!


I love the interplay of color in this "mainly blue" quilt!


And have you always wanted to make a Hawaiian-style quilt?  This is a thoroughly modern take on the ages-old technique!


But I have to say that after re-organizing my studio and seeing the volume of blue scraps (let's just say my cup runneth over!) I will probably be making one of these sometime soon!


And this design will be perfect for a little boy baby quilt I need to make very soon!!

I really love this book, just as much as the previous four.  The wonderful thing about the projects is that you can swap around colors - for example, that bubble quit would be just as cute in pink and gray, I think - but not for a boy!  If you want to see the peek into the previous four that I posted, click here.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So that's what's on my bookshelf today!  Have you taken a look at yours lately?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Love the circles and hsts. Another great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the book you asked for from Santa. I love the circle quilt, that would look great in any color or colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've collected these as well - couldn't resist!!!! They are beautiful and look amazing on my shelf :*)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!