Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's That Time of The Year Again....


Hi, all!

Yes, it's getting to be that time of the year again - time to start thinking about the Hands2Help Challenge for 2016!  I know some of you have been working on your quilts since the end of last year's Challenge - I love your excitement and enthusiasm!  

If you'll remember, last year we started preparing for the Challenge with the Sweet Sixteen Quilt Along, an exploration of ways to use the 16-patch block in quilts...
...and in the same vein, this year we will be exploring the versatile nine-patch block!  I hope you'll join me for the Nifty Nines Quilt Along - I'll be sharing quite a few quilt designs using the nine-patch block in hopes of inspiring you to create some beautiful quilts for the Hands2Help Challenge this year!  The Quilt Along will start on January 31st and appear each Sunday night through March 6th.  Pick a design you like or come up with your own - it's all good!


The Hands2Help Challenge will start the following week, March 13th, with the reveal of our charities for 2016 and a chance to sign up and participate in the signup giveaway.  You can always sign up later, but there will be a giveaway for those who sign up the first week.  

An H2H quilt from past years...

As usual, we'll have guest bloggers and check-in dates, link parties along the way and a chance to meet the sponsors before the final link party the week of May 22nd.  Giveaways will be announced on March 29th, along with the final count of quilts!  

Quilts from Middle TN for H2H

As you can see, you've got plenty of time to pull a quilt together for the challenge! If you're like most, you've got some tops or UFOs tucked away that could be finished in time, and wouldn't it feel good to know that you've given someone in need a warm quilt-y hug?  I do hope you'll join in the fun!

Another beautiful H2H quilt!

FYI, I have six guest blogger spots open this year, so if you'd like to be a guest blogger, let me know!  You can post about pretty much anything - your own charity quilt efforts, a favorite pattern, how you juggle quilting and life, tips for a great quilting experience - the sky's the limit!  Just drop me a line at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested.

Are you excited?  I am!  Just a couple more weeks and we'll get this party started!

Hugs!

Sarah

FYI:  Hands2Help posts are always on Sundays.  If you want to be sure not to miss anything, you might want to sign up to follow by email (located in the upper left sidebar of this blog).

17 comments:

  1. How exciting Sarah! It snuck up on me faster than I remembered from last year. You always do such a wonderful job with this challenge and make it such a fun event for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I love this time of year, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please clarify the dates for the QAL. The post says it begins 1/31 and ends 2/6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for this year's H2H....I loved all the ideas I got from your Sweet 16 quilts and looking forward to the 9-patch challenge. Makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for H2H start. The 9-patch challenge sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to stick those buttons right up!! I was just thinking of 9-patches to control some scraps - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been sewing 2 inch squares together since last year :-) I'm excited to see your 9 patch ideas. This will be another fun challenge. Thank you for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you an email, I would love to be one of your guest bloggers. Of course, I will also mail a quilt out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ready to go. Looking forward to all of the ideas that will be out there to share. All of your participants are so generous with their ideas which makes the end process so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting as always! I have one quilt done and another started. That Quilt-along sounds great. Can't wait to join in. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Sarah, the Sweet 16 was wonderful last year so I'm looking forward to what you're doing with 9 patches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant wait to get started. I already have my tops ready, just need to start quilting them up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to participating in H2H again this year. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of info on your page. I am really impressed by your blog.
    Memorial Day Images Clip Art

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!