Friday, January 15, 2016

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? We'll Go Round In Circles...

Hi, all!

It's Friday, and we all know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  I am!  But if you're not quite ready yet, remember the party stays open until Sunday midnight - so get in a little weekend sewing and join in the fun!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I actually had a finish this week!!


I made this quilt from Vanessa Christenson's pattern Baby Ombre in her book Blue...


It's hard to see, but the background fabrics are from the Modern Background Paper line - three different prints of the pale gray on white.  


The circles are a navy ombre print from my mother-in-law's stash (now in my stash) and vary from light gray to navy blue.  And the quilting is an organic wavy line horizontally, which gives it great texture!  


You can just see the backing in this picture - I cut it out of this sheet set from Target...


which I found on sale last week and couldn't resist!  Those little bunnies are just adorable - and they'll be showing up on a lot of quilts in the future, because it was a king-size sheet set!

Because all the fabrics in this quilt came from my stash, it's my first fulfillment for the Sew My Stash 2016 challenge hosted by Leasa over at ProjectLeasa.com.



This quilt is destined for a little boy's bedroom when he finally arrives in March - I can hardly wait to see his mom's face when she sees it!  

Can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's made you whoop it up this week?


What's got you dancing a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

28 comments:

  1. I really like that quilt, the new baby will too. Isn't it a great feeling to create a quilt from fabric already on hand? Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quilt, the new baby will too. Isn't it a great feeling to create a quilt from fabric already on hand? Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt! And I am doing a whoop whoop dance in the moonlight with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt! The colors you used are wonderful, but it would be good with any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Modern & cute. Now that is a winner!!!
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wonderful. The quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic little boy quilt, and those can be hard to find just the right design/fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about it! I have a little of the modern background paper and wish I had more. You scored with the bunnies, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt for a little boy. The backing is sweet and fun and the ombré fade of the circles on the front is very grown up and yet playful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoop, Whoop! You get a ROUND of applause too! That's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have watched this one grow on FB - LOVE it!! I'm playing with the background line, too - and love it. This would look so cute in any colour shading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt!! LOVE the idea for the backing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! Love the backing. No finish here this week but I'll keep plugging along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that design and the backing. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sarah, this is just lovely! Great idea for a backing too! One lucky little boy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great quilt. And the back is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My links #48 and #49 are not showing pictures. They are to the same quilt. When I linked #50 the picture did show up. Feel free to delete the first two links if it's not too much trouble. Thanks for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun quilt! I love the backing fabric. I've thought of using flannel quilts before but hesitate because I've had flannel sheets get bally before. How can you tell whether they will or not? (Or maybe they just all do and we learn to live with it?)
    Thanks for hosting the link-up.
    Nancy. (ndmessier@aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a really striking quilt! And the backing, oh my, just perfect. Yep, I'm SURE that mom is going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool idea for a baby quilt. So modern! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking quilt. I know that little boy will feel loved when sleeping underneath. Love the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh those bunnies are so cute. Was it hard to quilt on? I have an old sheet set with beautiful flowers on it... haven't used it yet and not really sure that I am going to... but it hangs around the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such a great pattern - one I've never seen before. Fluffy bunnies on the back certainly finish it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are one of the MOST productive women/quilters I know! WHOOP WHOOP for another fabulous finish and the score on the sheets!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!