Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday - Bits and Pieces!

Hi, all!

It's Wednesday and that means it's time to take a look at the bookshelf again!  I've got a great scrap-busting book to share with you today - because we've all got scraps, right?


This book is put out by Connecting Threads, and contains twelve great patterns perfect for precuts and scraps.


The patterns are all exclusively from Connecting Threads designers, and you may see some you recognize from the CT catalog....


I've always loved this quilt - both the colors and the design!


Some of the designs are rather traditional, such as the one above...


And I love the way they give an alternate color way for each pattern!


This pattern is one that was in a table runner kit I purchased from CT many years ago!  I loved it then and I love it now - it's so pretty in this color way!  


But I think this is my favorite from the book - a bookshelf quilt in lovely bright colors!  I can see making this quilt from scraps - how wonderful it would look!

This book is almost entirely patterns, with the clear, well-illustrated directions that CT is known for.  There are a very few pages of basic instruction, but not many.  This is a great book for someone who just wants simple, basic patterns that will look good in a wide variety of fabrics!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


 So that's what's on my bookshelf today!  Have you looked at yours lately?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Simple basic patterns, but great results. I see quite a few I've made or would make. Good choice, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those 'simple basic patterns' are what work best with scraps. They just let the fabrics shine through. Thanks for another great resource idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the table runner a lot too Sarah! There are a lot of nice patterns in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I enjoy looking at my books. Using them for reference. Sharing them with friends. But recently I've been eying them thinking about whether there are any I would be willing to let go to someone else. Decisions, decisions. I know from experience that the book I pass on I will want in a month or two. Sigh. I guess I'll start on other books than my quilting ones!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!