Friday, October 18, 2019

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Some People Never Learn....

Hi, all!

Welcome to Friday - the best day of the week, right?  The weekend is just around the corner, and we get to look back and do a little celebrating over what we did during the week!  Are you ready to whoop it up?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Just last week, my daughter and I had a talk with Lilli (my oldest granddaughter) sharing our experiences with following directions, talking about how we had learned the hard way to read the directions carefully, yada yada yada.  Which was about the reaction we got from Lilli.  Smart girl!

Because Wednesday, when the directions came out for the next week of the Patchwork Forest Quilt Along, I jumped right in and made these...


As I was making the star block, I wondered if I was supposed to make the medium star or the large star, and when I went to check Amy's blogpost....

This week your assignment is to make 4 Medium-size and 1 Large-size wonky star blocks.


Oops!  How did I manage to miss that?  Guess I should have 'read the instructions carefully'!  Oh, the shame.....

So Thursday I grabbed my fabrics and made the blocks I was supposed to make this week....


Aren't they pretty?  So not only do I have this week's blocks finished (all the star blocks), but I have also finished next week's blocks too!


So the silver lining to all of this is that I have ALL the blocks for my Patchwork Forest quilt finished!  I'd love to start laying it out, but I have a commission job I need to work on first.  I can't wait to see what it looks like all together, though, so I may take a few minutes tomorrow to lay it out on the sly.  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

PS Please, no one tell Lilli!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



7 comments:

  1. It has to be a great feeling to have those blocks completed for the Forest quilt along. Have a great week, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, reading directions gets me every time!! I started work on the commissioned placemats and decided I'd better make a test just to be sure I got the paper piece templates printed correctly...hahaha! good thing I did cuz I made them backwards of the pattern. Now that I have things sorted out I can cut into the fabric the customer sent me :-) whew! Your forest quilt is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always had a problem with reading directions!! Maybe that's why I do a lot of improv or do my own thing so often!! Love the stars and I'm sure I would have missed the bold print with size instructions too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! We've all done the same thing! Rushing to do the piecing and then reading the directions...at least your saga ended happily! lol The star blocks are just perfect in every size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instructions? We don't need no stinkin' instructions! Your secret is safe with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There used to be a sign in an office I worked in that read "When all else fails, read the instructions." Yep, happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!