Monday, October 21, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - Halloween Is Coming!

Hi, all!

Here's Monday, all bright and shiny and ready for all kinds of new mischief!  I do love the feeling of a fresh start, don't you?  But before we look at new projects, let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Work on (and hopefully complete) a commission t-shirt quilt.
Well, I didn't complete it, but the top and back are ready to be sandwiched and quilted later this week!


2.  Bind and wash three quilts for church.
Done!  And of course, I forgot to take a picture...

3.  Continue working on the special request quilt.
Well on the way to being finished!  I still need to appliqué the circles on the centers.


4.  Make progress on the Patchwork Forest Q/A quilt when the prompt comes out on Wednesday.
Due to a failure to correctly read the instructions for the week, I more than made progress on this project - I finished all the blocks!  And then I couldn't resist laying it out!


5.  Prepare for, and teach, my first Joann's class (if enough students sign up!)
No students signed up for the first class (not surprising since they haven't had any classes offered at my Joann's in quite a while) but I do have some signed up for one this week!

6.  Make progress on the Birch Bark quilt.
I cut the strip set into blocks and rectangles, but I haven't had a chance to sew them together yet.

7.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.
All my orange peel blocks are sewn together! Aren't they cute?




8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week...

This quilt went to a woman recently diagnosed with cervical cancer...


...and this quilt went to a woman who is a paraplegic, living alone without family.  She loves butterflies and bright colors, and I'm happy to report that this quilt has both!


And how about sweet baby quilts for two new babies?


Lots accomplished last week, but there's still lots to do!  But isn't that true for all of us this time of year?  And Halloween is just around the corner, which means I need to prepare for Trunk or Treat too.  Here's what I'll be working on this week...

1.  Quilt and bind the t-shirt commission quilt.

2.  Paint a backdrop for my Trunk or Treat display.

3.  Sew the centers on the special request quilt.

4.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.

5.  Prep for my Joann's class this week.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Plenty to keep me busy there, but if I get all that done, I can always work on the Birch Bark quilt or start assembling my Patchwork Forest quilt!  So many options, right?  Ah, but life isn't boring, that's for sure!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Phew, what a list, and great progress on all corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice accomplishments--the Christmas tree quilt is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't blame you for laying out the tree quilt. It's soooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the patchwork trees! I'm sewing string blocks this week. I've discovered that I like the look of string blocks but don't love sewing them. Happily though, I'm almost done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get a lot done in a week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!