Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Small World Progress and Inspiration!

Hi, all!

It's starting to get holiday-busy around here, as we plan and clean and decorate - but thanks to the #mysmallworldsewcial quilt-along, I'm managing to get in some scrappy sewing every week!  This week I did the easiest part of this month's blocks, the 2.5" x 4.5" flying geese.  Each quilt takes seven of these blocks, and here are mine for all three quilts...

Nathanael's...


Emmy's...

...and Lilli's!
The next blocks I have to make are a little bit intimidating - nineteen 1.5" x 2.5" flying geese!  I am thinking about paper piecing these - they are just so tiny, there's no room for error. So I'm thinking they might be more accurate if I paper piece them.  We shall see!

And there's been lots and lots of great inspiration on the internet this week...


I'm not quite sure why I love this quilt, but I do!  All those different blocks just make my heart happy.


And isn't this pretty?  I just learned how to do a herringbone pattern, and now I want to make this one!  


And this may be the next Christmas quilt I make - I just adore that giant snowflake!  Paired up with simple patchwork, too - just perfect!




Have you all missed Crazy Mom Quilts as much as I have?  I was so excited to see her pop up in my Instagram feed, especially with this beauty!  


I seem to be on a patchwork theme this week, but isn't this cute?  I love the scattering of traditional blocks in this quilt, too - it gives the eye a place to stop and rest.  


Last but not least, an oldie but a goodie - this quilt is stunning in purples, isn't it?  I could clean out a few tubs making these....

Inspired yet?  Go forth and use. up. those. scraps!

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. That purple one might be a good one to come up with a pattern for Hands2Help 2020, just suggesting you know. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving those last 3 quilts! I can’t figure out how the braid was done- I don’t see any breaks in the braids. Amazing. The snowflake one looks so fast and easy and the purple one! I think that is a simple pattern usually done in horizontal rows. Looks better vertically and what a great scrap buster for those burgeoning bins of each color. Reds and blues overflow at my house along with the low volumes..... Thanks for sharin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowflake quilt. And I miss Crazy Mom's blog to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you - I'd paper piece those small flying geese, I have problems with bigger sizes too! Ha!! Love the snowflake quilt, I've been seeing it a lot and Yes, I miss Crazy Mom Quilts too <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not into samplers, but I would consider making that one. As for the tiny geese, I would just make them slightly bigger and then trim then down to get just the right size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made so many of these little flying geese for the 365 Challenge sampler, I can probably do them the eyes closed. lol. I understand what you mean by not having much room for error but believe me it's not as hard as you think. I love that first inspiration quilt. I love its scrappyness. It's a great way to use up those "too many units made". The snowflake quilt is now sitting on my to-do list. Sigh! So many quilts ... ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun scrappy geese! BUT the snowflake scrap quilt wins this post--wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for featuring the scrappy plaid piece I put together from someone else's orphan blocks! I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fussy cut geese! That's one unit that gives me fits all the time. Absolutely love the snowflake quilt too. I wonder what size patchwork block she used.
    Kathleen, kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that snowflake scrap quilt! Those geese will be cute in the quilts. Can't wait to see the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are so pretty but I'm loving the snowflake scrap quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!