Monday, October 14, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - So Much to Do....


Hi, all!

The weekend is over, fall has finally shown up in Middle Tennessee, and the realization that Christmas is just around the corner is starting to sink in!  Time passes so quickly - so let's make the most of it.  First of all, a look at last week's list...

1.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.  This week it's tiny orange peel blocks....
I have all the blocks (for three MSW quilts) cut out and prepped for raw edge appliqué, just need to sew them down.

2.  Make progress on the Birch Bark quilt.
No sewing progress on this one this week, I'm afraid!  But - here's a funny story - I did figure out that the random pieces of muslin I found that I couldn't remember what I bought them for, were for the backing of this quilt!  That had been driving me nuts for a week, so I guess that's progress of a sort!

3.  Make progress on the special request quilt.
Done!  We made great in-roads on this quilt on Saturday - many hands make light work!


4.  Make progress on the Patchwork Forest Q/A when the next prompt comes out Wednesday morning.
Done!  I've now made the 27 small trees and the 23 medium sized trees.  Can't wait for the next prompt!


5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week.
We gave away four quilts this week...


This quilt went to a gentleman who dealt with severe medical problems for several months, and while he was hospitalized, his wife died.  He is struggling now and our prayer is that this quilt will remind him that he is loved!


This quilt went to a gentleman just diagnosed with prostate cancer...


...and these two are going all the way to Buenos Aires, to be shared with two sets of new parents at a church we partner with there.  It's always fun when we can share with folks in other countries!

So that's how last week went!  I made a few more samples for the classes I will be teaching (hopefully) at Joann's in the next few months, too, which is why I didn't get to work on the Birch Bark quilt this week.

And here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Work on (and hopefully complete) a commission t-shirt quilt.

2.  Bind and wash three quilts for church.

3.  Continue working on the special request quilt.

4.  Make progress on the Patchwork Forest Q/A quilt when the prompt comes out on Wednesday.

5.  Prepare for, and teach, my first Joann's class (if enough students sign up!)

6.  Make progress on the Birch Bark quilt.

7.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

So much to do, and so little time!  But boredom is NOT a problem around here!  I love what I do, and that I have the time to do it.  

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. yowza..you are posting uber early...lol...your list makes me feel like a sloth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-you have a lot planned for this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is right...you are early :-)
    I finished doing the KonMari folding of my stash and I'm back to sewing HST's into 4 patches. And then? I think I'm onto making a bunch of string blocks to cut into triangles. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, I'm working on the Granny Cabin sew along and I just got a commission to make Christmas placemats...I should be able to get those done pretty quickly!
    I wish I lived close by, I'd definitely be at JoAnns for your class. Good luck, but I know you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good summary--I still like the quilt top with all of the trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How you accomplish so much amazes me! Your Christmas tree quilt is fun and happy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!